Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an 08 XLT Flareside, and with the deal was an autostart.

I was wondering if there is a way to hook up the autostart so that i can arm and dis arm my factory alarm with the autostart fob.

It's troublesome to know that i require two key fobs for the truck.

cheers
Bull_Auger

· Registered
324 Posts
Just purchased an 08 XLT Flareside, and with the deal was an autostart.

I was wondering if there is a way to hook up the autostart so that i can arm and dis arm my factory alarm with the autostart fob.

It's troublesome to know that i require two key fobs for the truck.

cheers
Bull_Auger

are you saying you got 2 electronic switches one for your doors , and the other for auto start ???, I'm sure i seen some where that they will add all features to one ??? not 100% sure

· Premium Member
7,683 Posts
I went through this with my 06 and my local dealer.
all they give you is auto start module which all it does starts the truck.
Your auto start remote module will not disarm/arm your truck
I have upgraded to Autostart/Alarm module, it was only $300.00 more and one remote does everything dealer did switch out at no charge because I told them that I will not carry 2 remotes they should of notify me before installation.
On my 08 had no problems different dealer and correct module

· Registered
3,479 Posts
Does your truck have keyless and a factory alarm that was installed on the assembly line? or just keyless?
(to test put window down or get in truck)
hit the lock button.. wait 5mins and then open the door.. using the handle inside the truck.. (not keyless)

I only have wiring diagrams up to '07 and they don't list the F150's coming with a factory alarm that was installed on the assembly line.. They are added @ the dealers..

If your looking for security w/ keyless and remote start you will need to upgrade your module like Matt said..

Or just get remote start module that does keyless as well and no alarm..

· Registered
898 Posts
The 05 I almost had had (avatar) the remote start button was part of the key fob. There were the four buttons. I thought it was a pretty neat.

Was the truck purchase not from FoMoCo?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.