Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a battery 1050 cca that was dead and fortunately under warranty. I replaced it, and noticed I didn't have as much power as in lights shut off quicker and battery has died 3 times in a month now ( yes light left on) but when my 1050 cca it never did that until its death. So today it died again amd I actually checked which I should have done a couple weeks ago, and realized they replaced d my 1050 CCA with an 850 CCA.
I called the dealership and they made uo some bs abiit how it doesn't make a difference ect. So I asked WHY I didn't get the same cca as I had. He was like ... i Donno I guess we didn't have it in stock or something 🤔 then he proceeds to say obviously somethjng else wrong bring it in for diagnosis for $150 lol. Ummm well I know a fair bit abiit cars and pretty darn sure it's not the alternator, pretty sure for a nim wit like me who leaves lights on... that's the reason I got the igger battery to begin with😅 plus... good old Canadian winter's....BTW this year suppose to be a doozy! So... looking for other thoughts on this whole situation..

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,731 Posts
Is the 1050 factory installed and specified? Not that there is anything wrong with a more capable battery, but, 1050 is a little high for a gas engine. With all of todays electronics in vehicles, 1050 would be a better choice. I would go after the stealership for the 1050, and, Stop leaving the lights on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts