Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a bed liner and I've considered the DIY route using Herculiner, getting it sprayed professionally (too much $) and buying a liner. I just came across a site that sells STK bedliners for around 199+. That gets it to the UPS store over in NY state and I'd have to drive down and pay the duty on it to bring it back home.

Just wondering if anyone has any leads on a good place to buy here in Canada?

· Registered
4,153 Posts
PM f150phule or 08limited, they both have done it and can give you an idea. I think f150phule was close to $500.......

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Each model truck is a diff price I think. I priced my 97 and my dads 99 Silverado at the same time and his was $20 cheaper.

My quote was $505 for the box, another $40 for the bed rails. $545 +tax.
If you can find a Line-x dealer that does the Line-x Extra they can colour match it to your truck but it'll cost more. Not all Line-x dealers do the Extra.

This is a pic of my bed less than 6 hrs after getting it done. They recommend you wait 24 hrs before putting anything heavy in it.

Hell I even went back and had them Line-x my sill plates.

Well worth the $.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I called around and it's 525+tax for the line-x, and 631 for a Ford bedliner installed. Both are a little more than I was hoping, but I guess I'm leaning toward the line-x. If I knew a little more about this other brand of bed-liner I mentioned in my first post (STK) then I might be willing to risk the purchase site-unseen. I'm just worried that while it might only cost 199, it might LOOK like it only cost 199 as well.

Screw it - just talked myself into the Line-X. :signs038:

Thanks for the input all.

· Registered
186 Posts
MMMMMMM .....Fresh Line X

This was my Birthday present

And after the optional top coat

QUOTE]

Just what is the optional top coat? Is it just a clear coat?

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Top coat was a paint keeps it looking good, you can paint it any color you want , My Line X guy told me now he is getting kevlar Line X in soon kind of wish I would have waited ...LOL

· Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for the info. Have been thinking of getting a spray liner installed. I know when I was at Line-X they said you could get it colour matched to your truck was $100-$150 extra.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
You'll love the Line-x. I hauled 8 loads of cinder blocks for dad at the cottage and when it was done I just rinsed out the cement dust and you can't even tell I used it. Did that price include doing the top bedrails?

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Just make sure the dont spray over your bed bolts or tie-downs bolts. I had no choice for mine they were so rusted the guy broke 2 torx bits trying to get them out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.