Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing. I never thought I could buy a truck basicallly over the phone, But Randy set my heart at ease, and comunication was excellent. I live over 3 hours away, and I am a gas and oil worker the travels the globe. Finding time for myself is very tricky. I could of bought the truck locally, but the price was better in orangeville, and the quality packages they offer for the F150's was definately a huge selling feature! I will be using them again and again, and will recommend them to any friends and family shopping for a a new truck!

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Jim at Blackstock Ford got me my new rims and Tires, Jim was more than helpful...answered all my questions fast, they even trimed my fenders for me.

Only sugestion is to use better adhesive for your blancing weights on 4x4 vehicles...mine fell off whithin two weeks had to get rebalanced and all new wieghts put on with contact cement this time.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
159 Posts
I want to say that Jim and Randy are quick with replies on these boards.

I have someone who may be interested in my 06 F150, so I pm'd Blackstock to get a quote for an 08.

JIm and Randy were right on the ball to get back to me with a quote.

Thanks guys.

· Registered
139 Posts
Jim at Blackstock Ford got me my new rims and Tires, Jim was more than helpful...answered all my questions fast, they even trimed my fenders for me.

Only sugestion is to use better adhesive for your blancing weights on 4x4 vehicles...mine fell off whithin two weeks had to get rebalanced and all new wieghts put on with contact cement this time.
Gabe, we have indeed been having issues with those weights. I talked to the largest tire dealer and he has also had an issue. He is trying duct tape, but did the contact cement work? We have experimented with the balancing beads with mixed results. We may have to go back and try that.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
The cement worked great I was putting those tires through hell all week and no problems. My weights are a little different though it's like the normal ones on the edge of the rim but on the inside, I will post a pick, their ford weights. The only downside of contact cement is to get a good bond you need to scuff the rime a bit.

· Registered
3,056 Posts
ive got duct tape on my 22's aswell hidden weights wouldnt stick so they slaped some good old duct tape on em lol

· Registered
756 Posts
Got the new lights i ordered from Blackstock.They went missing in transit,but when I got in touch with Blackstock all was taken care of in short order and i recieved the lights a couple of days later.They are awsome and it only took me 20 minutes to change them.Will post some pics soon.

· Registered
60 Posts
Although I've never bought a truck at Blackstock, I've taken my 03 Explorer there for regular service. They are excellent.

The one experience that sold me was when they did my u-joint. When I got it back, I noticed a bit of a vibration that wasn't there before. I took it back. The service manager called me later to advise that there was a problem with the driveshaft (it was somehow damaged during the u-joint job). He apologized, rented me a truck, and had mine back to me within 24 hours, free of charge.

To me, service isn't just about fixing things. It's about taking responsibility, having initiative, and treating the customer right.

My new-to-me 06 King Ranch will only go to Blackstock for service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.