1 - 20 of 445 Posts

· Registered
966 Posts
lol
I had an 85 turismo too but it wasn't a duster

bought it at 3 years old in 88 by the end of 89 EVERYTHING in that car had died
the exhaust fell off the first night I owned it
then the air pump , the wheel bearings , brakes , rad , battery , carb F'ed up
the last straw was when I drove away from the stop lights at an off ramp - the head gasket blew and I was the only one to clear the intersection as the cloud of steam I left behind was to thick for anyone to drive through

then I converted it to the full shelby charger turbo motor drive train and suspension and started a new set of issues
mainly spun rod bearings until I decided I should stop putting castrol's junk in my motors

at this point it went from being the worst car I ever had to being the most fun car I ever had

mopar perf cam and computer was enough to never see any 5.0 mustang tail lights

I have major plans to up my game with this one though because , my how the 5.0's have changed lol

there's a guy in manitoba running 10.02 /145 ish with one

· Registered
966 Posts
lol
I have two cats , brother & sister .. nicest cats I've ever known

edit .. and , I have a right front brake bleeder screw and flex line end fitting that will ACTUALLY UNSCREW

yippie
replacing my flex hose should have just got a whole bunch easier than it coulda been

(this probably means my 16 year old flex line isn't going to turn out to be the cause of my sticky calliper .. lol)

guess you can tell what my plans are for the afternoon ...

· Registered
966 Posts
well , the brake hose went in easy enough

a tip that might help someone some day .. yesterday I pulled the dipstick outta my motor and used it as a long precission oiling stick for the fitting where the flex hose joins the steel line
I tested the fitting with a short line wrench yesterday also and for all intents and purposes it seemed stuck .. but today with some gentle pushing and pulling to start with it came apart easy as pie

and , since I had the front end up in the air already ... and I had a broken end link on my front sway bar , I swaped in the hotchkiss front bar for lowered trucks that I've been meaning to install for almost four years

humm , maybe in the next few days I'll get the rear sway bar installed too ...finally

dam .. is my poor old truck getting a rusty belly though - everything is nooow rust brown under there .. everywhere

· Registered
966 Posts
origin of words..

one morning long long ago before we each had names a fellow shivered and walked to the opening of his cave in the hillside and looked out at the world infront of him

thus , as he stood there in the opening of his cave , he shivered and shivered and spoke the first word ever

ssss
ssss

ssssssssNOOOOO

from that day on we have always understood exactly what snow means .. don we .. eh?

1 - 20 of 445 Posts