Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
2,201 - 2,220 of 2,224 Posts
thanks..
these days it's about all that does look good..my poor ol' truck needs lots
wanted to do this for years but the intake failing under the water cross over decided it all needed to come apart .. now
for good measure it got the new already had heater hoses and the already had for years under drive pulley kit & MSD unit

sadly.. this past month and a half shouldah gone into replacing the rear springs, repairing / notching the crushed part of my frame rail..installing new rear shocks.. and installing new rear brake lines & hoses and new rear calipers..
THAT's what was planed for this past month...as I already had/have those parts... sigh and I also have all the new front end stuff.. upper n lower control arms.. new tie rod ends .. shocks .. brake parts yada yada
and,
already have new steering box , pitman arm and idler arm installed

when all that's fixed I do the rad cradle and replace all the power steering and trans lines & coolers , replace my single core twenty year old rad with new double core and all new air conditioning parts..

new gas tank and related bits.... then .. I needah southern cab..
I found a box ..southern ..AND it's even WHITE !!.. in buffalo .. but ..covid.. puts it on a back burner for now..

found wire suitable for MSD power & ground leads so I connected it and finally gave 'er a try.

MSD box has been riding along for six years..mounted to the relay box lid with 3M auto trim tape

fired it up and got some challenging results.. 6 led's light up .. indicating the box is sending output to coils ..but there's eight led"s..

so I figured some guy with a V6 used it years ago & burned two channels out not hooking them up..

then a buddy stops by and I fire it up again for the second time ..
he's lookin' at the led's and says seven are working...
???
ok, I shut it off .. restart for the third time...

now,.. all eight led's light up indicating everything's working fine...
ok,. good enough for me...

also checked radio .. both AM and FM for extra electrical noise and found none so I'm going to presume it's also not interfering with the ECU and injector drivers which I've read it can do if wiring isn't isolated from other wiring..

gotta say it seems to fire up and run kinda enthusiastically.. after sitting two or three days too..

so.. now at least I know it's worth the cost of a fuse holder , a weather pack connector for the ground / power leads and the capacitor / noise filter to protect the other circuts and the MSD when jump starting the battery..

it wouldah sucked to bother buyin' that stuff only to find the MSD box don't work...

Discussion starter · #2,204 ·
Whadaya need heat for?

Discussion starter · #2,206 ·
Exactly, it's not January on the prairies.

• Love
Reactions: Mrmagoo
Discussion starter · #2,207 ·
well did some springs .. couple weekends back

bought "the ones" from rock auto rated 500 lbs over the stickers.. second most expensive set on their list

same pre installed arc, but they lifted the truck 1 1/2 inches (ish)

ride nice.. not hard at all like 3/4 ton springs.. and I haven't hit the bumpstops..yet in two weeks

old springs everything hit off them..

old spring was week then broke .. was overloaded years ago + full tank of gas...oops..
Shoe Bicycle tire Vertebrate Automotive tire Bicycle part
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Composite material Building material
Bumper Wood Natural material Metal Tool
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Road surface Asphalt
Automotive tire Wood Table Bumper Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Gas Event
Aircraft Automotive tire Airplane Propeller Automotive exterior

Discussion starter · #2,212 ·
Shocks and brake lines?

yep.. happnin' soon .. but I've been thinking that all along
bought the shocks and brake lines then the intake started leaking .. fixed that and the heater core started leakin.. fixed that .. now it's the bleepin' gas tank .. or line..

did the springs and intended to do the shocks but noted the back end wasn't giving the same oscillation it did driving down the same street as when it needed shocks the last time.. so I left the current ones in for now

I bought the frame notch kit to eliminate the crack at the bump stop but the crack has gotten ahead of that idea..
so
it's getting a rear frame half when I can find one .. soon

bought all the brake lines in stainless.. but haven't got to putting them in yet while fixing the other things that poped up

now shoppin gas tank parts .. and fuel lines .. found those pre manufactured with hose ends already on .. in stainless too but 300-350 USD.. cough

so.. next is gas tank / lines, brake lines to the rear / hoses, exhaust, weld frame..
and the front end parts...
control arms, caster/camber bolts, tie rod ends and shocks that have been sitting waiting to go in from back a month or so before I hadda start working on the intake..
so..
progress..I think.. slow but steady..

Discussion starter · #2,215 ·
Merry Christmas to all!

Discussion starter · #2,216 ·
Happy New Bump!

Discussion starter · #2,217 ·
I appear to have a forum all to myself.:cry:

Discussion starter · #2,218 ·
Bump.

Discussion starter · #2,219 ·
Am I the only one left?