Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be enough gains from a Cold Air Intake to justify the cost, I know on some motors it is night and day but from what I have heard the gains are minimal on the new 5.4L. What kit would be most effective?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 2 guys i know down here that are performance nuts that have the 5.4 both have the K&N setup on there trucks. I don't currently have it on mine but I am planning on getting one in the near future. From what I've heard it's about the best bang for the buck!

jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a K&N system on my truck and it dose improve alittle bit and really notice more after I put on a new stainless Steel exhaust with alittle bigger pipe!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 4.6 BUT my youngest brother has the 5.4 and hes got a K&N and seen some improvement in power!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can get a setup that is for your make,year, and model of truck that will fit exactly!

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the only thing I will say about any mod that says it will increase horsepower is to not believe the gains in horsepower it says in the advertising or box for it. Remember when the companies do this testing it is under optimal conditions. Absolutely perfect conditions including temp, humidity blah blah blah.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like I said in an earlier post when I seen alittle improvement in HP and I wasn't really going to see a major gain. One thing I have notice I am getting alittle better gas mileage not much more some improvement!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered the filter today, the CAI wasn't the right choice for the money. The benfits from the CAI are mostly at highway cruising, the filter is more beneficial at city/short highway driving.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts