Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried one of those cherry bomb vortex mufflers from Cdn Tire?

I'm planning on putting together an exhaust here pretty soon with a single in/dual out and one of those seems like it fits the bill. Anyone have any opinions? Or does anyone know where I could find a sound clip of one?

Thanks.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
23 Posts
Flowbastards are nothing like Cherry bomb vortex's... They are also not the glasspack/bottle that you first think about when you hear the name. I had them on my GT for a while, and they actually sounded pretty good. Heck, a buddy of mine is still running them, after like 6 years or something. Its all preference really.
Brian

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Flowbastards are nothing like Cherry bomb vortex's... They are also not the glasspack/bottle that you first think about when you hear the name. I had them on my GT for a while, and they actually sounded pretty good. Heck, a buddy of mine is still running them, after like 6 years or something. Its all preference really.
Brian
Cherry bomb Vortex are still a chambered style muffler similar to what a Flowmaster is Flowmaster had a patent on the design for many years I hear something happened now others are able to copy their design now their are a few different chambered style mufflers on the market IMCO is one for example

· Registered
846 Posts
Cherry bomb Vortex are still a chambered style muffler similar to what a Flowmaster is Flowmaster had a patent on the design for many years I hear something happened now others are able to copy their design now their are a few different chambered style mufflers on the market IMCO is one for example
ya flowmaster let there patent run out, and now other companys are making the exact same thing without the flowmaster name on them for quite a price drop about 40 dollars cheaper... sound the same though. I personally will still stick with flowmaster as nothing beats the original ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.