Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Christmas coming, wondering if anyone has a list of tools or mods on their wish list.

CTC has this Maximum tool box on sale for the next four days, been debating on upgrading my 20 year old Craftsman set for a while.

I think Travis (Viper238) got this box last year, or maybe the year before.

Top box , reg $950, on for $490.

Bottom box, reg $ $1100, on for $540.

Throw in $400 in CTC money I got on my card from buying gas, and it's looking like maybe a $2300 tool box combo for around $750. (taxes in)

I'm pretty sure I paid more than that for my Craftsman set 20 years ago, and the top/middle box is smaller.

So, anyone else got a wish list for parts or tools ??

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I could use a tool box, that one might be a bit overkill for my tool collection and living in a condo.

You can never have enough tools around. I could use a new cordless drill and I'm curious about these electric impacts, I know they won't be as good as air but if they're decent it might be nice to have around.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'm starting to think more of construction tools, rather than mechanics tools. I'm thinking of air nailers, saws and whatever it takes to possibly build a shop when I retire...maybe a house too, if I can't find what I want.

Advice for Herbz, if you buy battery powered tools, get the ones with lithium ion batteries. Last longer and more reliable than the regular ones. I have the Makita LXT 18v series drill and impact combo set. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Mike, You are correct. It's almost the same. they did change one thing 3 months after I bought mine. the height of the top section. I kicked myself after. lol

As for electric battery impacts. They work awesome! sockets, bit drivers etc. love them. Only down side I really have is they don't have an open chuck. so you always have to have 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" drive bits to work with the impact.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Regular price at crappy tire is a joke. If I want anything from crappy I put it on the sale list. Emails you when it goes on sale for 50% or more in usual crappy tire fashion.

Electric impact. I got an 18v dewalt like 6 years use it spring and fall the change over to winter rims. Loves it.

I got an xbox one 2 weeks ago for Xmas gift. Need it as I'm in bed for a little while after 2nd back surgery today.
Haven't been to work since nov7 2012. Good thing for disability insurance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah, I'll never pay full pop at CTC, you wait long enough, it'll come around.

I've also noticed that if you miss something on sale, wait four to five weeks, and it will be on sale again.

So, pulled the trigger on the pair, originally thinking maybe only the top box, but surprisingly, the wife talked me in to getting both, not that it took much convincing.

Using my $400 in CTC money, taxes in came to $762, plus got $32 in CTC money back, so that dropped it to $730 out of pocket, pretty damn good bargain if you ask me.

Hefty bastards, bottom box weighed in at 250lbs, top box at 200lbs, not so bad for the guys loading it off the loading dock into the truck, but a little tricky when I got it home and unloaded it on my own.

Anyway, probably won't get it set up until the end of next week, but I'll follow up with some side by side comparison pics, new vs old.

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to bump this thread again, this week CTC has the best price I've seen yet on this combo......

$400 for the top box, $450 for the bottom box, taxes included, you're looking at $960 in Ontario for the pair.

If you're doing the math, that's $230 lower sticker price before taxes than when I bought, and I got a hell of a good deal.

That is one of the best deals going if you're looking for a new tool box.

After using this set for the last four months or so, I'm pretty happy with the upgrade, it's well worth the price for what you're getting.

I checked partsengine, and their "Anniversary Sale" didn't even come close.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a garage in the country and right now I can't take pics.
Although, it's surprising that I have no photos of it. Yeah, I renovated it not that long ago but still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts