Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Cryptocurrency question

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GavenRoberson 
#1 ·
I have a small understanding of crypto so I apologize if this question sounds stupid to people who know more
Take a polygon for example: from my understanding Polygon is a coin but also connected to software that makes the Ethereum blockchain more efficient in some way. It’s great that that software makes the blockchain more efficient, but how is buying the coin actually investing in how well that tech is doing?
And if buying the coin isn’t actually investing in that tech and it’s only based on supply and demand, then why should you buy any coin that isn’t just built to be used as a currency in the first place?

#3 · (Edited)
Hey. This post is old, but the questions you asked are still relevant. Basically, buying a coin like Polygon is an investment in the success of the technology it represents. The value of the coin is determined by demand, which is influenced by factors like the perceived value of the underlying technology and its potential for real-world solutions. It's not just about supply and demand. There's more to it. Btw, do you guys know how does robot trading work? It's a way to automate crypto investments based on certain criteria. Would love to hear your thoughts on this and your experience with crypto investing. Let's keep it updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.