Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DIESEL MARKET SHARE EXPECTED TO REACH 15% BY 2015

Thanks to clean diesel technology and the need to improve fuel mileage, diesels are being seen in a different light. SEMA’s 2004/2005 Diesel Market Study predicted that due to the need for greater fuel mileage, diesel market share would increase to 15% by 2014. Bosch, a major supplier within the diesel automotive industry, estimates that the North American market for light-diesel vehicles will reach 15% of new-vehicle sales by 2015.

SEMA continues in its quest to assist manufacturers of diesel performance parts in seeking regulatory compliance for these type of products, as it does for those producing emissions-related components for gasoline-fueled vehicles.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
you guys herd about the diesel they want to produce from "algea" ? sounds almost to good to be true... just warmth and water and the after product can be fed to livestock... almost something to look into investing.... :icon_eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
With "Diesel Fuel" being more than gas, I sometimes wonder if the difference between gas and Diesel will continue to grow, thus throwing out the ability to actually make it worthwhile owning one?

·
Registered
766 Posts
you guys herd about the diesel they want to produce from "algea" ? sounds almost to good to be true... just warmth and water and the after product can be fed to livestock... almost something to look into investing.... :icon_eek:
I heard something about that.It would be a good investment for long term.You don't have a company name do you?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ah, there's a million alternatives to fossil fuels, but if they were actually cost effective to manufacture then big oil would be producing oil from that. Also, most of these "alternative" fuels that are now free or almost free won't be for long if more people keep finding out about them - so I'd keep them hushed up if I were you ;) If there's a buck to be made from something, someone will exploit it then. LR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts