1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Don't we ban people and burn them at the stake for such abominations :icon_lol:

Just kidding.

Welcome to the site.

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
My 51 F Ford is Chevy powered..............Sorry..........thats just the way it is. Fire away.......

I am in Western Ontario, retired, drive my truck everywhere............also have a 62 Pontiac.

Den, from the Auditorium told me about this site.

Harry

First, welcome to fordtough and Hope you enjoy the site, it's a happy place
Second, isn't a Chevy powered Ford like wearing underwear on the outside of your pants?

:lol-0017:

· Registered
23 Posts
I dont agree or condone it, but to each their own i guess. With how well fords aftermarket is doing, and how much costs have come down, theres no excuse to wreck a classic by putting in chev powertrain. I see alot of beautiful rigs out there that catch my attention, then i see the blasphomy, and just wont even bother looking at it anymore. Ford has plenty of good drive train components to pick from, and a well rounded aftermarket to back it up.

· Registered
74 Posts
Nah, this site is pretty good. I wasn't referring to any particular site or even subject. Just that Harry and I are members of a few erm, "Genre specific" sites where sometimes people can be real quick to decide "what fits and what don't" on a real narrow grading curve.

I'm not a "Chev into Ford" fan myself but still appreciate a nice vehicle. I also think there's a bit of a difference between say, an F'1 with a SBC and the "cookie cutter" cars in Street Rodder magazine. LOL.

Now I DO remember a guy in Bolton who had an Olds 442 with a Mopar 383 in it!!!!!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys....didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch...................LOL....Its just , the truck came as a basket case, no drivetrain....If it would have had a flathead, I would have loved to try that....but, as it worked out, thats what I had around...........Us poor boys gotta take whats given to us...........

· Registered
74 Posts
Hey guys....didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch...................LOL....Its just , the truck came as a basket case, no drivetrain....If it would have had a flathead, I would have loved to try that....but, as it worked out, thats what I had around...........Us poor boys gotta take whats given to us...........
It's a "period piece", right Harry? :icon_twisted:

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
It's all good..... were just playing with the "new guy" thats all, and it's still a Ford and a great looking one at that

now go have some fun here

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.