Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure this out for too long. My '04 screw door locks are screwy.

I can lock all doors but only unlock the drivers door with the remote.

I can lock and unlock all doors with the keypad and passenger door switch.

I can lock all doors but unlock none with the driver door switch.

I swapped switches from the passenger to driver door but it had no effect. I pulled the bsm fuse for 30 seconds which also had no effect.

When I press the unlock button twice on the remote I can hear a relay click under the drivers side dash.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For whatever reason the remote will no longer unlock any doors but the keypad and passenger door switch still function normally.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Does the truck just have the factory remote or has it had an aftermarket remote start or anything installed and you're using a non-Ford remote?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
That looks like a factory remote but the lock, unlock, panic and start buttons are missing or rubbed off over time.

That remote has to have a battery in it, if you open it up it will likely tell you in there somewhere what make it is.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're right the buttons wore off but they all still function as does the battery

I know the truck is receiving the unlock signal because the security system is being deactivated. Also the lock function works from the remote.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I don't know what was going on yesterday but that problem no longer exists.

I still have the original issue though. I found a broken wire which seems to be coming from the antenna down the pillar. It's got two wires in it. I can't seem to find any information about where it's supposed to go.

I found the remote starter box (not sure what it's called but there are a couple wire harnesses plugged into it) under the drivers side dash but I don't see where the broken wires should fit.... I can confirm it's the factory setup though based on the Ford logo on the box.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,606 Posts
That is the factory remote. If this has worked this way since you have had the truck it is
probably the way the "brain" for the remote was programmed. i have the original files for install but they are a pain to read to figure out because of the different kits. They are Adobe files I picked up off one of the other sites.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's been screwed up for a few months now. ....

The issue makes it impossible to unlock all doors from the drivers door switch and the remote only unlocks the driver door. The passenger door switch and keypad will unlock all doors.

Both the remote and switches will lock all doors

·
Registered
260 Posts
Boy, that must be frustrating to no end!

Try sending a pm to " JimmyK" He works with the Engineers at the Ford plant in Oakville Ont.
He's a very knowledgeable guy, and should be able to help you, if you still have not been able to correct this issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,606 Posts
No, no, no Mike. You don't have to break that poor little Code Systems four button remote to open it. It just snaps open and has a little round 12v battery.
Believe it or not I just bought a new one from my dealer. Not bad for a 14 year old system. Don't know what I would do in this country without my remote start.

·
Super Moderator
1,718 Posts
An even better idea. In the old days, we used to get off our assests, go out and put a key in the door lock and turned it. Remote unlock was getting your kids to do it for you. Come to think of it, that was also the beginning of the remote start, too.

Reactions: Mrmagoo

·
Super Moderator
1,606 Posts
An even better idea. In the old days, we used to get off our assests, go out and put a key in the door lock and turned it. Remote unlock was getting your kids to do it for you. Come to think of it, that was also the beginning of the remote start, too.
That was fine in the old days Mike but now you need remote start with starter kill in order to keep your truck from being stolen by some jerk
of a 13 year old who won't walk to school. Break a window, punch out a door lock, who cares, not my vehicle. We had three kids in a group here who finally got caught
after stealing multiple vehicles and breaking in and stealing out of others. Three 13 old boys who more or less got told to not do it anymore. The young girls are becoming just as bad.
How I long for the old days sometimes before all this young offenders bullshit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the opposite situation with easy unlocking via driver door switches, but keys refused to open my doors. If you say you can unlock doors with remote control, the problem is 99% in the switches-door connection. If you even replaced switches, something in a door's part is wrong. Given you hear a relay click under the drivers side dash, it could be an incompatibility with switches. I would recommend you to use a professional locksmith service, such as mylocallocksmithtx.com. They must easily fix the hardware problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts