Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the truck to Chandlers on the 29th to get some baseline dyno runs. $75 for 3 pulls. I estimate I'll get about 145-155rwhp. Tried to setup a dyno session with SHM in Woodstock but they never called me back. Since they are mostly a 4.6L mustang shop they didn't sound to thrilled when I mentioned what vehicle I wanted to put on the dyno.

When I get some hard numbers I'll post em and the dyno sheets if they give em to me.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Smoke.
Well if you wanna drop by W4x4 the appointment is for 10 AM on the 29th.
Will having weight in the back of the truck affect the numbers? I can always just take the stuff out and put it back when its done.

· Registered
78 Posts
Taking the truck to Chandlers on the 29th to get some baseline dyno runs. $75 for 3 pulls. I estimate I'll get about 145-155rwhp. Tried to setup a dyno session with SHM in Woodstock but they never called me back. Since they are mostly a 4.6L mustang shop they didn't sound to thrilled when I mentioned what vehicle I wanted to put on the dyno.

When I get some hard numbers I'll post em and the dyno sheets if they give em to me.
Hey f150phule,

Where is Chandlers? I need to get some dyno runs for my Troyer tunes so as he can dial them in and hopefully gain a few more rwh.:lol-0017:
Anybody no a dyno place near the Georgetown area?

· Registered
796 Posts

145-155hp is pretty low for a V6 isn't it? My 4 banger Prelude put 182hp to the wheels and that was stock.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chandlers is in London near the airport. Just google Chandler Technologies.
Steeda in Milton is prolly closest for you. There is also Da Silva racing in GTA.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
145-155hp is pretty low for a V6 isn't it? My 4 banger Prelude put 182hp to the wheels and that was stock.
Well depending on which site you go to the 97's came stock with somewhere between 202-210 HP at the motor. So if you factor in all the parasitic losses 145-155 should be close.
Besides I found a site where you can get a ballpark figure based on your 1/4 mile times and truck weight. I think I had a thread on here about this before, but based on my times and weight they came out to about 147rwhp.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd be up for that, Chandlers is charging me $75 for 3 pulls. I was planning on putting it on the dyno this summer after I put this years mods on it just to see how much I gained.

· Registered
32 Posts
Well depending on which site you go to the 97's came stock with somewhere between 202-210 HP at the motor. So if you factor in all the parasitic losses 145-155 should be close.
Besides I found a site where you can get a ballpark figure based on your 1/4 mile times and truck weight. I think I had a thread on here about this before, but based on my times and weight they came out to about 147rwhp.

dont go expecting numbers you will be dissapointed if you dont get what you think you should have

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I dont really care what the numbers are I just want them so I have a point of comparison once I have the bolt ons installed. But like I said the 145-155 is just a guess and if I make that or more I'll be happy. I really doubt I'll make less than that.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.