Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is closing when the temp gauge says it's in normal operating temp and it's hard to even go 50km/r when it's closed, it does eventually open back up but it's a major PITA!!! I have unplugged it for now but would like to find out what is causing it to do this and correct the problem. Or should I just get rid of it (I believe Banks makes a delete kit) and put a winter front on it? My truck is always pluggeed in anyway. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Sean:is there an oil leak from the valve that ataches it to the pedestill?have seen a lot of these leaking back the control oil pressure,you can get a seal/valve kit from ford.:)

·
Registered
507 Posts
The EBPV tube might be clogged too, try cleaning it out and it might solve your problem...or you can can gut it completely and not worry about it again, it really doesn't warm up much faster with it, but a winter front is always a good idea!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'll check for leaks and try to clean it up on sunday (my only day off till next weekend) when you say the tube might be clogged are you refering to the tube that the valve is in? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I am going to gut it but I'm going to do some parts research first. See what I need and how much it/they will cost.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awsome writeup, thanks.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I decided to get the sensor (didn't like the warm up times) and today had the time to pull the old one out, when I removed the tube from the truck it was rusted out so I went to Ford an ordered a new one ($78!!!)

Would you recomend using the truck with the tube out? (untill the new one gets here)I am worried about getting water in the open exhoust manifold, but the tube was so rusted that water would have been getting into it all this time.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the old tube

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
i thought you were talking about the exh backpress flap on the outlet pipe,the ebp sensor tube pictured will give improper boost press readings to the pcm causing turbo boost concerns,is best not to drive like this.:)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I'll wait for the part to come in then. Could this have caused the problems with the EBP valve (or flap)?

The parts counter guy said they were having troubles getting their parts in, hopefully it comes in before Monday.

Thanks for your help shelbyx1

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
they are all interconnected by the pcm,the flap is to aid in turbo warm-up timeand may be affected by boost press readings.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the part saturday morning and it worked awsome on the testdrive, seems to have a little more power now too. Thanks again for your advice shelbyx1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts