Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine in my 99 is toast .. Just wondering if anyone would have a lead on a good 4.2 litre motor . I know its a long shot but the truck is in good shape otherwise so it's worth a try .

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump ...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is helpful Travis ... Thanks Much .

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've sent requests for quotes to several wreckers from those two links . Just have to wait for some replies . Thanks for information guy's .

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a quick update .... I found what I hope is a good motor out of a 2000 f 150 with 145000 km and made arrangements to have installed early next week . Hopefully things
will be back to normal before I return to work . Thanks again for the links guy's .

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I'm still waiting to get my truck back from the shop that installed the new / used motor. It's been nearly two weeks now . They had the motor installed before the long weekend and they said I would have it back Tuesday pm . They tell me yesterday that they can't get the motor to idle properly but should have it ready by the days end . No call so I guess they did not solve the problem . Maybe Today !!!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got my truck back this morning and it runs great . All things considered it turned out all right . I got good used motor with a one year warranty and the installation price was more than fair . They also had to some extra work to rebuild the lower rad supports as they were rusted out . Many Thanks to Roy at First Choise Auto and Accl Auto Parts in Brampton .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts