Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be an odd question, and well maybe seem kind of silly to some of you. Anyways I'd like to get duals on my F-150. I'm kind of picky about the sound though. I don't want a really "Loud" truck. I want it to be more or less quiet at idle and on the highway, but when I get up in the RPMs I want it to be known but not obnoxious. My 95 F-150 has straight pipes so I know obnoxious, trust me. Here's where the odd part of my question comes...

I want my truck to sound like Barricade from Transformers, minus the blower whine. Barricade is an S281E, Its a 3V 4.6l so I'd imagine that he'd sound very similar if it was a 5.4...

I've been told that a Borla Exhaust would produce the sound I'm looking for..

Any input?

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
From the sounds of it your looking for a Magnaflow system just remember the longer the muffler the quieter and the shorter the muffler the louder

· Premium Member
7,683 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
This is going to be an odd question, and well maybe seem kind of silly to some of you. Anyways I'd like to get duals on my F-150. I'm kind of picky about the sound though. I don't want a really "Loud" truck. I want it to be more or less quiet at idle and on the highway, but when I get up in the RPMs I want it to be known but not obnoxious. My 95 F-150 has straight pipes so I know obnoxious, trust me. Here's where the odd part of my question comes...

I want my truck to sound like Barricade from Transformers, minus the blower whine. Barricade is an S281E, Its a 3V 4.6l so I'd imagine that he'd sound very similar if it was a 5.4...

I've been told that a Borla Exhaust would produce the sound I'm looking for..

Any input?
ive heard that roush are like that ,quiet at idle but sounds awsome with alittle rpm,i'm goingto order the off road roush soon for 460$ its a good deal

· Registered
104 Posts
I had a rusting problem with my
and for $1100 I was hoping it will not do that
When I contacted Magnaflow they told me it was surface rust
So I upgraded to MBRP
1100$ ? is it gold plated?

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Well I'll be doing more research this weekend but my plans are to go true duals on my 4.2L. I can get 2 Maggie Hi-flow cats, 4 O2 sensors, and 2 Cherry bomb Extreme mufflers all for about 400-450 and I've got a friend who I'm going to see if he can fab up the piping for me. If he can fab his own turbo piping an exhaust should be easy.

I thought about going MBRP but I haven't been able to find any sound clips of how they sound on a 4.2L.

But no matter what anyone else says..just get what you want, if you like the sound of it thats all that counts.

Unless you put one of those ricer Fart cans on it...then we'd have to ban ya and take yer truck away. :icon_lol:

· Registered
898 Posts
suscribing to the thread.
I am of the mind to go duals myself & I don't want the amount of volume I have with my Borla exhaust on my Mustangs.
I want the truck to breath better & not too loud.
Hopin' for a CTC soon so I can hear some other exhausts (especially MBRPs).
I know clips were provided but I really do not want to hear "10110011110000" <--- digitized sound. Gotta be in person for me to make a clear decision.

· Premium Member
7,683 Posts
But no matter what anyone else says..just get what you want, if you like the sound of it thats all that counts.
Have to agree with this
Its what you like, because you have to drive it not us
(I guess we could drive it for you :icon_biggrin: )
:sign0053: Unless you put one of those ricer Fart cans on it...then we'd have to ban ya and take yer truck away.:sign0053:
:sign0135:
:sign0137:
I don't think I have seen a truck with one of them yet

· Registered
584 Posts
Just ordered the PaceSetter TFX Cat Back system model #86-2885. Its a duel exit behind the rear tire system and looks like a carbon copy of the Harley Exhaust. A friend in USA has this system and it has a great deep throaty sound.
Will post up some pics as soon as its installed.

· Registered
3,056 Posts
i picked up a Kooks/JDM exhaust for my 2v 5.4L ran me $2200 but its stainless side exit longtube headers with the cats (made for the lightning but going on my non-lightning) lots of good comments on them havent mounted it yet tho....havent been home to lol

for your truck id look into it im sure there developing a set up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.