Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get an exhaust, i was going to get the magnaflow dual side exhaust, i went an inquired all the info about it, it was about 476ish altogether. But the Technician said i dont need the whole complete system only need the muffler and a tip instead of replacing everything, but will still achieve the same sound. is this true??

· Registered
461 Posts
the full cat back does sound slightly better... i found that (especially with cars) that if you only replace the muffler it sounds like yer tryin to squeeeeeze the air through. if that somehow makes sense to anyone. haha, it made sense to me. ...the cat back sounds deeper and more.... complete.

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that sounds mean, and blackstock ya i am sure, but i went a different route for now, i dont have to worry about sizing as the exhaust kit comes with 3" the one i want, and the hooker headers are 3" which is perfect as my truck is 3" stock. Ill post a sound clip once it is installed on wednesday. i hope it sounds good and not ricey or ill be very dissapointed..

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Extreme I have a single 50 series and I love it it's not anoying loud but she's got a nice Flowmaster rumble....Don't be disapointed when you first install it, I was (thought it was too queit)but after it was broke in it was perfect....sounds good when your driving but if you get sombody else to drive away while your outside...wow, nice

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Extreme I have a single 50 series and I love it it's not anoying loud but she's got a nice Flowmaster rumble....Don't be disapointed when you first install it, I was (thought it was too queit)but after it was broke in it was perfect....sounds good when your driving but if you get sombody else to drive away while your outside...wow, nice
thats what im looking for, i want the loud rumble on take off and the quiet rumble on the highway, they said the 50 is perfect for it. cant wait for wednesday now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.