Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

fight back at gas prices

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Destructicon 
#1 ·
Gonna give it a try!
This just might work.

GAS WAR STARTS MAY 1st

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER LITRE.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 1.50 a litre by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ..

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.30 at SUNOCO and ESSO for regular unleaded in Hamilton and Ottawa and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a liter of gas is CHEAP at $.87 to .99, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), SUNOCO (PETRO CANADA ) and ESSO.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of SUNOCO (PETRO CANADA) and ESSO gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000).... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician But I am .. so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy fromSUNOCO (PETRO CANADA)/ESSO UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $.79 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

REMEMBER – STARTING MAY 1rst NO GAS FROM ESSO / PETROCAN / SUNOCO

See less See more
#3 ·
This one has gone around a couple of times in the past just like the "don't buy on certain days" idea. Canadians don't rebell, they just accept.
And just for the record, I buy my diesel usually 500L at a time and I buy at the cheapest station regardless of who it is. I have no allegiance to any brand. In Ontario, cheapest diesel usually means buying on the 401 corridor at Flying J (Pilot), Irving Husky, etc.

#4 ·
Unfortunately gas/oil price is not dictated by the consumer but by commodities buyers. Mercantile exchanges is where the price per barrel is set. Yes supply/demand can still have an impact.

However suits with no infrastructure and no company save the investment house they work for/own buy and sell tanker fulls of crude daily/hourly. The buy low sell high thing. But since they do not actually have to transport/store their purchase they do not get financially impacted by their so called purchase/sale.

Changing this fundamental way of commodities exchange is how to change how gas prices are manipulated. I've seen instances when the OPEC's of the world increased production to keep downward pressure on oil prices only to have it rise significantly anyway.

Someone much smarter than me needs to figure out a way to punish commodities price manipulators. Oil companies are not the sole culprits, although they are complicit in this behavior. Investment houses are the real bandits. We constantly get fubar'd by Enron, AIG, Madof, etc and still believe these are isolated. They are not. This is a mentality which has worked it's way into business mentality. Money for money's sake who cares what we are doing to tomorrow as long as i get my money now. Pride in ones self, work ethic, morality, these have become just words, most westerners use the words but don't really live by them.

WARNING; small tangent below!

The proposed idea of not buying from the big suppliers is nice in theory except we as the end user do not know where say Canadian Tire gas bar fuel comes from. Could be the big 2 anyway and you are not impacting them at all by getting it from there.

If consumers are to have a real impact on the price of fuel then demand from us to politicians, car companies, etc. on much greater fuel efficiency is the key. Movement to something other than 'burning fuel' is also going to have an impact.

Ford has implemented the 'ECO boost' as a small attempt at appeasing us to get fuel efficiency. However direct injected turbo engines have been around forever, this is not new technology.... While i like that they made an effort, it a cursory effort at best.

Real technology shift needs to occur... to what I'm not sure. However using and engine perfected in the 1950's and giving a marketing spin (ECO Boost) is not the route to go. Except FORD's the only trying anything really.

Just my 2 cents. Blame my Mom for making me this way:)

#8 ·
Stop driving, sell your vehicle or pay up.

Those are all the choices we have.

However even if you get rid of your vehicle the price of gas will still affect your daily life.

You can run but you can not hide

#10 ·
Here's some junk food for thought. Why not stop buying stuff made off shore. Go electric for cars/trucks. Take a bus that's electric. Travel back to the 1960's. Hang with the hippies. Set fire to the oil fields. Overthrow the government. Assasinate the lawyers. And last but not least, go vegan! You really want to affect gas prices? Buy when low prices. Ease up on the accelerator. Drive in a non-Stupid manner. Take a bus every once in awhile. Get off your lazy ass and walk to the store! That's my 2 cents, oh wait! I guess it's free since we don't have pennies anymore. So, at 2 cents, I have to round down.

#12 ·
You forgot to put some seagull crap dripping down the sign.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.