Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got a smoke'n deal today on 2 front and 2 rear Bilstein 5100 shocks. I priced some at the shockwarehouse.com and got quoted $394 US free delivery to niagra falls New York. Plus duty and tax to be added crossing the border.

Anyways found this site in BC through Bilstien distributors. Told the guy the price i got quoted and he said the best he could do was $450cnd plus 5% gst delivered to my door.:signs053: So i bought them right there and then.

Anyways! Anyone interested this is the web site. http://www.essexdistributors.com/

The guys name is Warren Goodman, Email address is [email protected]

I told him i would mention his web site and him to other members on the forum.:cool-smiley-9027:

Now get out there and email him for a great deal. Be sure to tell him i told you about him. And no im not getting a kick back for any of you peeps that think like that.:icon_rolleyes:

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey no problem 08. Anything to get a good price/deal for other Canadians is great and best of all the money goes to fellow Canadians and keeping Canadian workers employed!

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a sweet deal youll love those shocks
If its as smooth as yours ill be happy. Even with your lift and some 35's on her, it blew me away at how smooth your truck was.

· Registered
195 Posts
I just ordered Bilstein HD's for my truck off Warren for $365 + GST + $15 shipping. I don't think you could get them cheaper off ebay after you pay duty and broker fees. Thanks Irish FX4 for posting the info.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered Bilstein HD's for my truck off Warren for $365 + GST + $15 shipping. I don't think you could get them cheaper off ebay after you pay duty and broker fees. Thanks Irish FX4 for posting the info.
Hey Alpine glad to help bud. Did ya mention me when you talked to him!!:icon_wink: I just got my confirmation from warren and my 5100's should be here by Thursday!!:happy096: They were on 3 week back order. He said they were very popular shocks.

· Registered
104 Posts
did u guys get the adjustable 5100 or the normal ones?

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did u guys get the adjustable 5100 or the normal ones?
I ordered the adjustable ones! Its only the front that can be lifted 1 or 2 inches or no lift at all.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
? I want in the know:icon_smile:
Bilstein shock are by far the best shock out there if you do some research. The difference between the 5100 and the HD is one is a heavy duty design (hence the HD) and the other is not. I think if you tow alot or carry heavy loads then go with the HD version which is a little cheaper than the other.
Also one allows the front of the truck to be lifted either 1'' or 2'' or no lift at all (Stock height). Any after market shock is going to be heads above the stock shocks that the trucks comes with. Do a search on Belstein shocks reviews.:icon_wink:

· Registered
4,153 Posts
Would these adjustables be good for the Lightning, I like the stock height but would like to be able to adjust the height for events.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Would these adjustables be good for the Lightning, I like the stock height but would like to be able to adjust the height for events.
To the best of my knowledge the 5100's for the 97-03 are non adjustable but for the 2004 and up they are

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My shocks arrived yesterday. Now I have to wait for some warmer weather and in they go.
Yep. I have mine about 3 weeks now. Like you im waiting for warmer weather to install them.
Damn it's killing me looking at them pretty shocks just sitting there and not on my truck!:signs093:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.