Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There should be one pix in my vBGarage file (testing to see if it downloaded before trying more). Measurements are from the ground to the arch of the wheel well...
:front end before, 36 1/2" :front end after, 35 1/2"
:rear end before, 39" :rear end after, 35 3/4"
Although the #'s are a little different (less) than advertised, I'm pleased because it is practically level, there is only a 1/4" dif now.
I'm sure there are guys out there that feel I'm crazy for lowering a 4X4...lol. Here are my reasons... this truck was special ordered without the tow package and has yet to carry a load in it's bed...I do not off road at all and don't need the extra clearance but love the traction(this is my 4th 4X4) ... could see no practical reason to level it by going higher and needing to buy bigger tires, less gas mileage... a higher step up (unfortunately my girlfriends are in my age group, haha) ... higher CG... I only had 2 or 3 " of roof clearance getting into my garage and had to shovel to make sure I didn't hit... and lastly I hoped the 'roll' would be reduced on cornering.
Well you can forget all the above reasons, the improvement in handling characteristics is amazing! The ride is tight, much less roll, under steer, nose doesn't drop drastically on hard breaking, etc... and it doesn't ride like a Caddy (Lincoln?) now. Love it!...guess you can tell by my rambling. As long as I stay naturally aspired, I shouldn't need to upgrade the suspension any further.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
of course you are right, please ignore the above

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pix download?...

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
3,479 Posts
I know from experience of lowering my Dodge Stratus, that the drop @ first isn't what they list.. but as the springs settle (because they haven't had any weight on them) the drop will increase..

My Stratus continued to drop additional 1/2" after driving..
It was only listed as a 1.4" drop in the beginning..

Looks good dude!

Kinda looks like you have a 2wd truck.. and lots of weight in the back!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wondered if the springs would settle... how long for yours finally 'sit'? Trying to figure out what size tire I can now fit.
I obviously need picture posting lessons.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The plan at this point is Grapplers on the factory 18" Lariat wheel because I will be detailing in 'Arizona Beige' and the wheels are painted that colour now. Hmm, they are 7 1/2" rim... is 275 or 285 the max width? or better yet how big of a tire will fit in there now??
2 wheel drivish, yes...but the look is growing on me knowing it's a squatted 4x4 with superior handling characteristics !

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
5 hours on Thursday afternoon... actually took longer for the wheel alignment at the garage on Friday (major realignment apparently).
5:00 picked up my truck ... 5:30 girlfriend called to cancel date as weather was bad and didn't want to want to get stuck in town, I agreed ...6:00 I jumped into the truck for an evening of playing in the snow, lots open area up here to practice drifting/powerslides/etc ...11:30 returned home still with 1/8 of a tank of gas and a smile that is still there.
Adding the Ground Force kit improved handling as dramatic as the Edge and a cold air kit improve performance.:icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.