Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for information on what the headlight beam pattern is or where I could find it. After doing my headlight swap one is misaligned and my truck has been lifted a bit.I know with alot of my other vehicles in the shop manual it basically said put a tape patern at certian measurements on a wall then back your vehicle to a cerian measurement and focus each beam on the proper pattern. I basically just need the measurements.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
I took the easy way out and nobody flashes me I marked the wall a 15 feet before and when I put the new light's on a just parked at the same place and adjusted them to the marks....

I found this online

A Here's a simple headlight aiming procedure that works for most vehicles. Make sure the fuel tank is at least half full, then park the vehicle on a level surface about 6 inches from a vertical surface -- the driveway and garage door often work well for this. Turn on the low beams and mark the center of the "hot spot" from each headlight with a masking tape "+" on the wall or door. Back the vehicle straight back about 25 feet, and check where the hot spot from each headlight now falls. They should be about 2 inches below and 2 inches to the right of each "+" on the wall. Adjust accordingly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.