Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not blowing any air at all in the air vent. 08 f150 supercab. Tried changing fuses F13-Climate control module power and F116-Blower Motor and still no air on any settings. Is there a different fuse I am missing or is it something else like a blower motor or something? No dealer so got to fix on my own.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Not blowing any air at all in the air vent. 08 f150 supercab. Tried changing fuses F13-Climate control module power and F116-Blower Motor and still no air on any settings. Is there a different fuse I am missing or is it something else like a blower motor or something? No dealer so got to fix on my own.
Did you try the blower motor resistor? I had one go on my Ranger. At first it just dropped one fan speed, then eventually only had one speed left.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you try the blower motor resistor? I had one go on my Ranger. At first it just dropped one fan speed, then eventually only had one speed left.
Not sure, mainly used it only on 5 and 1. Is that inside the dashboard. Think I seen a pic of something behind the glove compartment with 2 screws and a connector? Will look into a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Not sure about testing it. Someone else might chime in about that.
If parts aren't easy to get there, do you have a buddy with a F150? if so ask him to pull his resistor and try it in your truck before ordering a new blower.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will try a new resistor first. When I switch from defrost and air conditioner settings can hear whining like it is trying to change from one to the others.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Like the others have stated, try the blower motor resistor. Mine was only blowing air on 3, and 4 settings, nothing with 1 or 2. I changed it out with a new oem one, and voila, it works again. Took me maybe 15, 20 minutes to swap it out, and put the new one in while it was cold out LOL!

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
The highest speed usually doesn't use the resistor. If you have no high speed, I'd check for power to the blower and if there is then the blower motor will probably need changing. Another possibility is the fan switch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The highest speed usually doesn't use the resistor. If you have no high speed, I'd check for power to the blower and if there is then the blower motor will probably need changing. Another possibility is the fan switch.
OK, I was thinking that also might not be the resistor as all speeds and all setting modes have no blower. Will try to find out where the blower motor is and the fan switch. Hoping they are as easy as getting to the resistor but by the looks of it guessing not. The wrenching part won't be the problem for me, just a matter of knowing where everything is.

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
The fan switch is right in your heater control assembly. Unless you have a controller module. Which could also be a possibility.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The fan switch is right in your heater control assembly. Unless you have a controller module. Which could also be a possibility.

Sorry, might be a dumb ?? but where is the heater control assembly? Or module? Only used to working on snowmobiles. Did a search and couldn't find it on 08 F150.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, might be a dumb ?? but where is the heater control assembly? Or module? Only used to working on snowmobiles. Did a search and couldn't find it on 08 F150.
Brainfart!! As I was taking the blower motor out I start thinking about it.

Well After I got the motor off I made a connector with wires and connected it to a spare truck battery tested it and the fan started up but kinda slow. So switched wires around and figured was on reverse then forward. Installed blower back on so I can wait for a resistor, took truck out of shop and everything is working fine. Mind you the drive was only about 3/4 mile. Not sure how long it will last like that. Maybe with the truck battery just gave it a short recharge or will it be good from now on? Wondering if I should just order a new blower motor now as shipping to me takes a couple weeks.

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
The blower should turn fast in either direction with a good connection. If it turns slow, you may have winding, brush or bearing issues. I would get a blower motor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The blower should turn fast in either direction with a good connection. If it turns slow, you may have winding, brush or bearing issues. I would get a blower motor.
It was pretty fast in reverse just noticeably slower. I will order a new one also. Thanks for all your help Destruction.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well after less then an hour of use the blower died again. So got one on order from close by(300+ miles close in the arctic :) ) should be here in a day or 2 but paying premium. 200+ bucks just the motor no fan. Could've gotten one for just over 100 but wife cannot go without the truck for more then couple days. Bonus though she was asking how much new shocks were for tax season :icon_biggrin:
Now to check out prices.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was the blower motor. Got the new one before and changed it. Was about half hour job. Blower motor if any one wondering in the future is right above where the passengers feet go. 3 8mm screws and it is off. Twist motor 90-120* clockwise so you can unplug the connector and so the motor can clear the back wall. A bit of a pain but do not use force or felt like the fan blades would break. Pull motor down then angle it out towards you.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Glad you found the problem. This is a bad time of year for no heat...lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
Glad you got it solved!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im using a 08 F150 as well, and just want to know if it needs chemical gas overhaul? I dont know much about that term (only heard it in conversation), but it sound pretty important. Went to look it up and it was mostly for this kind of home AC units. Does ford cars need them as well? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts