Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Hi from Newmarket, ON

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  EmmEff 
#1 ·
Hi!

I'm Mike. I have an '02 F150 4x4 SuperCab XTR package. It needs some TLC (*major* tranny problems and exhaust manifold leaking).

I am looking to swap info with others and hope to get some pointers for getting my F150 back into good shape. Any local repair shop recommendations would be great too. Looking to save a few $$$ getting my truck fixed.

#9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys...

Yeah, I'm hoping to get my truck fixed soon. It's been 50k since the tranny started failing. Enough is enough. Hoping to put a few $$$ into the truck in appearance goodies next year but not doing that until it's mechanically sound.

#11 ·
Yeah, tell me about it... too soon :(

I've been told by the dealer the problem is the OD servo in the tranny. It works intermittently. Initially I lost OD all together and then it came back but downshifts from OD are *very* harsh. The local tranny shop wants around $1500 to fix it. It started failing around the 80k mark. There's 135k on it now.

#15 ·
I'm near Home Depot/Future Shop.

Thanks for the offer, bigblueoval. I won't be going through the stealership to get this fixed. McAlpine gave me an informal quote of $5000+ to replace the transmission. They did not offer to repair it, even though the problems are repairable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.