Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Open hood and fuse panel is on drivers side inner fender.

Use small screw driver if needed to open fuse panel.

Remove DRL relay which is indicated in owners manual. Then reinstall fuse cover.

Finished result: no DRL's but you can still use driving lights

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Nice post....I'll have to ask around the v6 forums to see if there is a way to do that with the 97-03, 04 (heritage) models, other than taking the rubber bumper off of the E-brake pedal :icon_lol:

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Nice post....I'll have to ask around the v6 forums to see if there is a way to do that with the 97-03, 04 (heritage) models, other than taking the rubber bumper off of the E-brake pedal :icon_lol:

Just look in the owners manual for your truck it list's the relays and fuse locations
Need a manual http://www.analogstereo.com/ford_f150_owners_manual.htm(orange links under red truck)

I think I will be doing that when I get home!

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
On the 97-03 models you have to unplug the DRL module from behind the left side front bumper and I would go to the dealer and get the DRL resistor (plug) that was used on the American trucks, and put that in

Location of DRL module on 97-03's

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Thats a great pic skrwz..it also helps out with something Extreme and I were talking about. That even if your truck didnt come with fog lights the factory harness still came with the fog light connectors behind the bumper.

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
BTW the DRL delete (plug) or resistor is only worth about 10 bucks at the dealer

and the harnes's should all be generic

· Registered
2,303 Posts
hmm a cheap part from the dealer?? better check the temp in hell :icon_lol:

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
IF I can locate the part # I'll post it up I bought one of these a long time ago when my DRL died I'd rather put in a 10 dollar part instead of a 135 dollar DRL module I forget the part # it may be a bit but I'll get it

· Registered
61 Posts
Pulled the Relay tonight, Love the look! THanks guys!

I'm waiting paitently on the seat belt chime...

· Registered
186 Posts
Wait til we do the thread telling you how to dis-able that annoying seatbelt chime......
I have a wite up on how to do this somewhere, I'll look. It's a pretty strange procedure but it works.

· Registered
4,153 Posts
I have a wite up on how to do this somewhere, I'll look. It's a pretty strange procedure but it works.
Ironically enough, Ford publishes it in the owner's manual of the truck. I've already done my '06(both seats) and haven't done the Lightning yet cause it is a little more complicated with that body style.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.