Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i tried out the new liquid clay bar from turtle wax, as i'm sure most of you know that using a real clay bar is a PIA!!

i washed the truck as it says to do, left it wet, and applied the clay bar. I washed it off right away and continued on. When the truck started to dry i noticed a white film over my entire truck!! it gets everywhere, in cracks and area that are heard to reach.
I had to re-wash my entire truck again to get rid of it, although wiping will make it go away...but i didn't want a dry cloth all over my truck.

I just wrote an e-mail to turtle wax to see what they have to say about there shytt product...i hope they get back to me soon.

Just a heads up guys!!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Keep us informed, I was looking at this stuff last time I was in Canadian Tire.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some guy on svtperformance.com told me you have to wash your truck after the clay bar, regardless....even though turtle wax doesn't say you have to (and i was just following directions..see what happens when you follow directions...get euchred!)
I still don't think clay bars should leave that much of a film though....i mean it was like waxing...you know how it gets in the little cracks in the door handle and stuff.

maybe i'll give it another shot...can't hurt i guess, seeing as i already have the product. It is a lot easier to apply though...takes only a few minutes to do half the truck (that's as far as i went).

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I will not buy another ICE product again. The spray detailer actually removed my Zaino. Other then smelling nice, it has no place on cars. I could only imagine how craptactular the clay bar is.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Do you guys have any advice on who has the better claybar, Mother's or Maquiars?

First winter with a white truck, has left its mark on it. Grrrrrrrrrr
Lots of those small "rust" specks on the surface of the paint too.

Took it to the dealer in the fall about the spots. I was worried it was actual rust but it's also on the plastic fender flares. The dealer said brake dust from the delivery train caused it. So they clay barred it and it looked great. But it's back now after a few months of winter. I also notice the spots are showing up on my wife's yellow G5.

Looks like I have some "claying" to do....LOL

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you guys have any advice on who has the better claybar, Mother's or Maquiars?

First winter with a white truck, has left its mark on it. Grrrrrrrrrr
Lots of those small "rust" specks on the surface of the paint too.

Took it to the dealer in the fall about the spots. I was worried it was actual rust but it's also on the plastic fender flares. The dealer said brake dust from the delivery train caused it. So they clay barred it and it looked great. But it's back now after a few months of winter. I also notice the spots are showing up on my wife's yellow G5.

Looks like I have some "claying" to do....LOL
I know exactally what you mean by the "little rust spot" looking things. I know they where not rust as they are on parts that are all plastic. Either of the good clay bars you mentioned will take them right off. It was also the only thing I found that would, other than a power polisher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts