Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not the oldest, but it's an '88. It's a base model Custom, later know as an XL.
The only options it came with was a 5.0L 5speed and chrome package. No creature comforts.
As it came from the factory and after I got done with it. The previous owner add the sunroof and wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had a 65 Custom Cab F100. Only real option was the Deluxe Heater which gave some extra venting option. Ummm and it was a V8, pretty sure the AM radio was standard, maybe not though, oh ya, and the in bed toolbox.

Our 79 F250 Explorer, Supercab, 4x4 400 V8 with 4spd, had a cassette player, power steering.

think thats about it for those two.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Medium Copper 1978 F-100
300 w/ 3 spd on the column.
No Radio, No Cigarette Lighter, No Nothing.
Manual Steering, Manual Brakes.

I drove this truck for 3 years. It still runs but is pretty tired. It's my project for the next couple of years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The odometer reads 92,000 and change.
Not sure if it's rolled over once or twice though.
Judging by the year, I'm guessing at least once.
Everything works too but that's no great feat. There's nothing on it.

I think Power Steering will be a definite add-on but I'll leave the Brakes alone.

·
Registered
327 Posts
howdy slide hammer, may i ask, why did you put the round headlights into your truck? just curious is all, don't see all that many that have done that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, that front end style was only available for 2 years, 1978 and 1979.
The 78's came with round headlights. The '79's had the square.
I prefer the round ones.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I know that 78/79 have the grill with the signals under the tailights, but I'm sure that both years had square headlights, that putting the rounds in was just something some guys did afterward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is a '90 F350 Supercab Dually. Love the shape of these trucks so much that I found this old girl and she's been rebuilt. I like the old look more than the new, and it was far cheaper to fully rebuild (body, powertrain) than buy a new one.

AND, here in BC this F350 is exempt from aircare so I never have to fool around with $24/year just to buy the license. It also means I don't have to offload the camper to do it either.

The good part is my son-in-law is a great mechanic and transformed an old truck into something truely awesome. This baby can compete with cars off the line and also is about as good as they get for efficiency on the highway (under load).

·
Registered
461 Posts
what makes the f350 scam-care exempt?

·
Registered
104 Posts
mines a 67 no power steering drums all around no power
it is a little bit like a work out to drive with the heavy 428 thank God it has lost weight with all the aluminum engine parts...

·
Registered
5 Posts
i hae just a plain jane no options 85 with the 300ci spd standard i wish i had kept the xlt 85 i had prev it was just about done but had the towing packedge with 1 pc drive shaft and heavy rear end and susp i kept the rad with the built in oil cooler tho hahaha

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I replied to the aircare question, but somehow it didn't take. Oh well, here it is again.

AirCare is defined as a requirement by vehicle GVW (gross vehicle weight). Above 5000-5100kg then aircare is no longer required. This is the case for a dually F350, but I can't say for the 4-wheel versions. Could be ok as well, especially newer ones that hold a lot more than 1-ton.

It is really sweet to not have to take the truck in, but there may be some people who think that this means a truck doesn't need to be maintained. The bigger the truck, the more fuel it takes, so unless you have deep pockets and can afford a black-smoke-belching vehicle getting 2mpg, then maybe you'lll do what I do which is tune it to the max.

These trucks may not be "green" but they don't have to be "black".

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know that 78/79 have the grill with the signals under the tailights, but I'm sure that both years had square headlights, that putting the rounds in was just something some guys did afterward.
In 78 the "lower" models got the round headlights, models like the Ranger and XLT got the square lights, and in 79 all models did. Had a couple 78 both with factory round lights.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts