Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy’s 08limited request more picture of my small, well BIG project
So here they are
After restoring a couple of Mustangs, 4 year ago I decided that it was time for something new
I always like Hummer but as most of us could not afford one, even used they were out of my price range
So I decide to built a replica of the H1 model I look at a couple of company that made replica body but did not look original enough to me so I did the next best thing, I made my own body in my garage

The drive train consists of a 1987 F150 frame, DANA 60 rear end, and 1988 F250 TTB front end
And to power all this a 1996 7.3PSD turbo Diesel
That’s why I call it Frankenstein
The body, doors and interior parts are all steel, the only body parts I purchase is the hood

diesel been test fit

all clean-up and ready to go in

final product
some of you will recognize the color from Stacy’s copperhead project !

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow this is one of the best if not the best looking projects
How long did it take you from start to finish?
have been working on since 4 year and i'm still not done (mainly because of restrain budget) but I’m getting close to finishing it
still to do stuff includes brake lines, rebuild turbo, completing wiring, getting glass custom cut
I hope to get it started by the end of this summer :icon_wink:

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Absolutley amazing. You must have an engineering degree and some mad welding skills. I would think though that after everything is said and done that it may end up costing more than a real hummer? Regardless you have something to be very proud of and very show worthy?:icon_twisted:

not really i'm just a designer in heavy equipment, and never welded before starting this project :icon_cool:
as far as cost if you count hours it would cost almost as much as a real one
but my time is free, i have about $14,000 in it now
i work for a company that use a lot of steel so steel was free,:icon_wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.