Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is an 07, optioned right up. Was the Lariat Chrome package first come around in 07 or has there always been a Chrome package? I know on Ford.ca when you "build and price" you can check the box for a Lariat Chrome. Whats the skinny here?

I know the Chrome package came with the Chrome running boards, door handles (not the full door opening mechanism, just the handle, like a Mark LT), the chrome bumpers, caps on the mirrors, exhaust tip, 18" Chrome wheels and the Grill.

Here is another quesiton I have....

My truck had an XTR badge on it too. When I bought my truck I told the sales manager that those badges were on there when I came back to pick up the truck I wasn't going to buy it, so needless to say they came off. Why would there be XTR badges on a Lariat? I thought the XTR package was an XLT thing, which got the rims, the exhaust tips and stuff, but definetly didn't have my grill and well wasn't as pimp.

Oh and I'm just really curious how many other people have the Lariat Chrome package, I'm curious how many of us are there:icon_biggrin: :icon_cool:

· Registered
72 Posts
first of all, Lariat chrome's were introduced in 2007 and in 2008 it has been taken a step further with the "Limited" (and only a limited number coming to Canada)
On the FX4 side.......in 2007 an FX4plus package was introduced in 07.
Secondly, I can't see any possible way how your truck would have XTR badging if it is a true Lariat chrome........there's just no way.
XTR is an extra option on top of an XLT that gives 4x4 and several chrome accents similar to the Lariat chrome package. There must have been a major screw up at the factory.......that's the only way.
BTW-my dad has an 07 Lariat Chrome.....and I have an 08 FX4. Not many Lariat chromes here in Eastern Ontario, but there is one new "Limited" here in my town!

· Registered
4,153 Posts
The Lariat Chrome package is available from '06 plus, the XTR badging is a little baffling. XTR is a trim level of the XLT, it is possible that your truck is an XLT with the XTR chrome package and than the leather option.

On your fender badge it should say which trim level your F150 is

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, the truck is a Lariat, no question. I have the Lariat gauges, Lariat badges. The truck has the on-board computer, the wood on the dash. I don't think you can get wood on an FX4 truck. I know the XTR thing is perplexing. I dunno fellas, I'll ask my Dad again just to make sure I didn't imagine it but I remeber the sales manager whining because it was an actual badge I told him to pull and not just a sticker. So I don't know what was up with that. Oh well. Anyways here are some pics of my Window Sticker.

· Registered
29 Posts
I have the XTR on my 06.The XTR badge is chrome and is held on by 3M backing tape.
The dealer asked me If I wanted the XTR badge put on the tailgate as the truck is delivered to the dealership without it on the truck.(the reason being that they badges disappear before the trucks sold).It could be someone just stuck it on your tailgate.

· Registered
3,056 Posts
i know the xtr was the lower trim level of xlt in the 99-03 models all it gave you was painted bumpers and interior upgrades i liked the look but could never find one with the 5.4 at the time all even the 4x4's had the 4.6 that i looked at

someone probly just stuck it on there for fun or because they had extra's

· Registered
29 Posts
The only visual difference in the "Lariat Chrome" pkg. and the XTR Pkg on the /06 models on the outside of vehicle was the Lariat pkg.,came with heated chrome capped mirrors,and chrome handles on tailgate and doors.
Just wanted to add that the XTR pkg. was only offered as an additional option in XLT model,and only in supercab or supercrew models.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I'm new to this site but look forward to learning alot about my F150 Lariat with the chrome package. Any tips on how to clean my chrome rims as they already appear to be corroding after 2 winters! I regularly wash them. What else should I be doing. Thanks!

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I'm new to this site but look forward to learning alot about my F150 Lariat with the chrome package. Any tips on how to clean my chrome rims as they already appear to be corroding after 2 winters! I regularly wash them. What else should I be doing. Thanks!
Metal polish...Mothers whatever.. lots of different ones out there. A mini mothers powerball cuts the time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.