Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Generally I find it a royal PITA to get most everything in Canada, if its not overpriced they say they can't get it or we dont carry that brand bla bla bla, hawk has a dealer search on the site call up one of the distributors and check pricing, or call them direct and they may be able to help I think pep boys in the states has them as well

· Registered
2,303 Posts
I put in my postal code for a local dealer and got nothing but they did give 2 links. 1 to tirerack.com and the other to summitracing.com so I guess you can buy them there as well. I checked at rockauto.com and they dont carry that brand at all, just the OEM motorcraft pads for the 08 limited.

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Thank you for the info guys
As spring rolls in I will do the upgrade at that time.
Should I get larger discs on the front?

Take a look at the power slot cryo rotors if you want to change them and if you put them on the front do the same for the rear,

· Registered
366 Posts
rotors and pads make a drastic diference....with my setup you can feel the brakes grab harder towards the end of the stop....it seemds they " grab" more when they heat up...minimal dust too as i have the chrome rims and notice brake dust easily..

· Registered
366 Posts
i have..

RUS693360 stainless steel hose kit

hawk part number...hb455f-785.. front pads
hb456f-705...rear pads

power slot numbers..8780psl
8780psr
8782psl
8782psr

lines pads and rotors should cost ya bout 9-950 tax inc.

hope this helps.. i FULLY recommend thjis for ur truck specially if ur gonna tow..

· Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have..

RUS693360 stainless steel hose kit

hawk part number...hb455f-785.. front pads
hb456f-705...rear pads

power slot numbers..8780psl
8780psr
8782psl
8782psr

lines pads and rotors should cost ya bout 9-950 tax inc.

hope this helps.. i FULLY recommend thjis for ur truck specially if ur gonna tow..
Yes I will
Thank you all for input
I will start on getting all the parts together

· Registered
139 Posts
Hey just ask, we have it. The Hawk Ceramic Brake pad is ultra low dust formula. They need a little more heat to work well though. We sell them for $99, 10% less for members here. Another solution is KleenWheels Dust sheilds but they dont make them for 22". The dust complaint is well known to all auto makers, ask Mercedes, Ford engineers tell us that of the 5 priorities, performance, durabilty, heat (warping rotors), noise and dust the latter is the least cause of customer complaint. Ever since asbestos was banned its been a search for the ultimate compound.

· Registered
366 Posts
Hey just ask, we have it. The Hawk Ceramic Brake pad is ultra low dust formula. They need a little more heat to work well though. We sell them for $99, 10% less for members here. Another solution is KleenWheels Dust sheilds but they dont make them for 22". The dust complaint is well known to all auto makers, ask Mercedes, Ford engineers tell us that of the 5 priorities, performance, durabilty, heat (warping rotors), noise and dust the latter is the least cause of customer complaint. Ever since asbestos was banned its been a search for the ultimate compound.

k, then im not crazy....

· Registered
37 Posts
anything ceramic based will be low dust[ i am a former mechanic but now sell autoparts for a living]most manufacturers make ceramic pads.the bonus is very little chance of squealing and heat is dissipated much better which in turn keeps rotor warpage to a minimum.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.