Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Ford Ranger
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 2004 Ranger was not supplied with its lug nut key, lost by pervious owner. Why a factory steel wheel would have a keyed lug nut in the first place seems a bit silly but I suppose they sell these trucks in hi crime areas too.

Anyway, if anybody has a key they can lend me on the south half of Vancouver Island I would gladly borrow it and return it with the addition of 4 keyed lug nuts lol.

I'll also be looking for a source of 4 replacement standard lug nuts if anybody can point me to a supplier.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there! It is kinda irritating to know that your lug nut key was lost by the previous owner, and now you have problems finding one. But what can you do in this case. Your proposal of asking someone to give you this key is good, but it will be difficult for them to transport it to you, and to take it back. Also the person who borrows it to you, does not have any guarantees to get it back. So my advice to you would be going to a car service, to buy this key from there. Or you can try to search it on online shops. Hope you will soon find it. I wish you luck!

·
Registered
2004 Ford Ranger
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I posted this thread several months ago...I since used a hammer and chisel to back off the locking lugs and replaced them with 4 non locking lugs.

Thanks for your response!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's wise to use a hammer and chisel. It seems like you are Jack of all trades, as my mom used to call my father like this. I can't tell the same about my hubby. We are the young generation who is looking for the easiest path. I remember how he lost the key car at a party in Singapore. He was at a business meeting there. He rented a Toyota car. Gosh, he was like crazy when looking for the key, and nobody couldn't find it. His only escape was to call the people at locksmithsingapore.sg to make a key on the spot. So, nobody noticed when he returned the car that this is a duplicate key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts