Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday was my birthday, and one of the gifts my parents wanted to give me was some cash, that would be spent on my truck for mods (they know how much i love modding cars). the deal was that it must be spent on the truck (not gas.) So thats perfect for me:icon_razz:

now its not a whole lot of cash, but still 250 bucks buys me something "nice".

my Ideas.;
1 Air intake (ide add some money for a Airaid kit or something)
2 Black billit grill..no cover bs, but the real replacement ones
3 Black headlights/taillight covers.
my plan right now was to get #2 and #3.

thats about all i got right now, but i though with a good comunity of truck guys, ide get some input on my second mod (first mod was the blackout headlights.)

i will be doing Exhaust/intake/headers/chip and all that for sure , but maybe for now just some cosmetic mods would be nice..just to make it..my own.

Thanks for any imput. also if you have an idea, give me brands too. I could tell you the best brands for Euro cars, but im still new to this whole Domestic business, so im rusty on the best domestic car brands.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"money to spend"... what's that?
i know, i acctually have some spare money to spend, its kinda weird.

now on the Intake, i know that on Euro cars, the HP increase is, well non.

is there anything noticable on domestics? I will be getting one soon, but ide rather get it while i get my Exhaust and headers. (i think my performance mods may have to wait, since im going to be in between jobs within the next week)

as for tint, alreayd done, well at least to the legal limit.

Maybe even the FX2 Grille if your going to keep the dark look..
i do want the FX2 style grill, but no ford emblem, so maybe aftermarket (carriage works) is the best route to go

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CAI is a must first mod
Exhaust would be second one
Grill would be 3rd
even after i say i didnt want to get one, everyone says get one...humm maybe i should take a hint.

okay okay, so i give. It just seems so wrong for me to go for CAI when my experience says it doesnt do much.

So next question would be, which is the best. Now i know K&N is very...well they make CAI's for almost every car, so to me this would more or less means a company that makes CAI;s for only ford or the F150, would be better, but please, prove me wrong.

thanks for the help guys!

edit: also, i was just looking for some pics of one installed on a 5.4L Triton V8, i took a look online but couldnt come up with anything.

· Registered
3,479 Posts
even after i say i didnt want to get one, everyone says get one...humm maybe i should take a hint.

okay okay, so i give. It just seems so wrong for me to go for CAI when my experience says it doesnt do much.

So next question would be, which is the best. Now i know K&N is very...well they make CAI's for almost every car, so to me this would more or less means a company that makes CAI;s for only ford or the F150, would be better, but please, prove me wrong.

thanks for the help guys!
Well see K&N strive on thier air delivery.. I'm personally not going to try and sell you one..
I will direct you to their web site
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-2556

And tell you they are the best of the best!
They research and dyno prove their products..
Have a look!

I'm not trying to be a ****.. But ultimately the decision is yours.. and we are all gunna say K&N.. so the evidence is on their web site..

· Registered
15 Posts
I'm not familiar with the newer trucks, but I know the last gen (87-96) CAI's don't do much. Sounds nicer and may pick up a marginal gain, but at what cost? Not everyone is exactly praising K&N for keeping your engine clean. Very easy to over oil it, fouls the MAF sensor and not to mention CAI's are also prone to getting fan wash if not properly sectioned off. But like I said I don't know exactly what the setups like on the new trucks.

I'd just gladly not take the marginal gain for a cleaner engine. Just my opinion.

· Registered
3,056 Posts
yeah id read up on K&N herd bad things about how much dirt they actually stop.. if you plan on doing a supercharger down the road you might want to hold off on an intake because the one you buy now probly wont work with the SC setup... if you can swing it throw a full exhaust on it for performance wise.... looks department the LED tails look good maybe a rollpan painted...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.