Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
What do you mean so many burn out. Like come on, they last until atleast 40k. If you drive 2 km a week, it will last a long long time.
40K..?? you mean you pay all that money for something that wont last???
if that was a north american car and the motor only lasted till 40k it would be all over the news but since its a jap car i guess its acceptable

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well first I am going to go small and do like the bedliner with line-x, tint the front windows. I want to find a way to get more fog lights up front and maybe in the rear. Then when I get some cash I think I am gonna do a suspension lift along with 35's or something along those lines. I am kind of scared to touch it until it is out of warranty but thats just too long to wait.

I am not really sure what else i could do to it and it seems that all the mods for the ranger/b series stop at year 2002 or 2004.

· Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Well first I am going to go small and do like the bedliner with line-x, tint the front windows. I want to find a way to get more fog lights up front and maybe in the rear. Then when I get some cash I think I am gonna do a suspension lift along with 35's or something along those lines. I am kind of scared to touch it until it is out of warranty but thats just too long to wait.

I am not really sure what else i could do to it and it seems that all the mods for the ranger/b series stop at year 2002 or 2004.
We are trying to setup affiliation with linex company in Around the GTA
So don't rush into it
Fogs are easy fix, Did you look into silver star or HID conversion yet?
Watch your warranty especially with Mazda

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How long would I have to wait for a Line-x relationship? I can hold off for a bit.

I am for sure going to go with HID's. I basically just have to install them as I bought them like 2 weeks ago and just need a good 2 hours of free time so install them.

I know warranty is a POS with Mazda, my friend with a Mazdaspeed 3 put a BOV on along with changing the engine mount and Mazda Canada voided the warranty on the whole car!

I am petty sure it's a 4.0 SOHC, Motion

· Registered
24 Posts
too bad the new mazda's aren't built like the originals.
I had a 1990 B2200, when i let it go to buy my F150, she had over 400,000 and was still running. I've seen 2 others with with HIGH mileage. one had over 600,000 and the other was 875,000. Like mine they still have the original bottom end, but the top had been redone. for mine, it was the head gasket, and lifters, but my bottom end was on its way out, and I had an oil leak. I needed the engine rebuilt & a new carb, I also needed a new rear diff. She needed much more money that I had.

My next truck might be another Mazda(Ford) B2300+ or a 4cyl Ford Ranger.

· Registered
461 Posts
when looking at lifts, 01+ Ranger/ B-series is all good. But for some reason there arent very many options... and they can all get a tad pricey. the 4" Superlift is the cheapest, around 2300 just for the kit, another 600 for the new front driveshaft... i can keep rambling, but if you wanna know about yer options just shoot me a pm... IMO, best thing you can do with those trucks is lose those wrangler r/t's... worst tire ever made.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was looking at the superlift and it's not fun the price that is. I wasn't aware the Wranglers were a bad tire, Stupid Mazda always gives crap tires. With the Mazda 3, it was the RSA's that turned into hockey pucks below 10.

Well I am happy with it so far, I have taken it off road a bunch of times but I am always too scared of getting stuck in the snow as the tires just seem to spin. I was in like 5 inches of snow in the trail and I just got stuck in 4hi so I put it in 4low and after some rocking, I finally got it out!

· Registered
461 Posts
I was looking at the superlift and it's not fun the price that is. I wasn't aware the Wranglers were a bad tire, Stupid Mazda always gives crap tires. With the Mazda 3, it was the RSA's that turned into hockey pucks below 10.
...Ford too, best 'mod' i did to my truck was put the bfgs on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.