Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are amazing trucks. I couldn't be happier with it. So much more refined than my 2002, and the 6.7 diesel is incredible. SOOO much power and yet quiet, smoke and noise free, and 20 mpg on the highway.

Waxy

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Congrats on the new ride Orrin, pics are a must !!! lol

Try Photobucket (if you have an account), or set up an album in your profile here on fordtough and I'll see if I can post them for you.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Way to go on the new Super Duty. I wanna see!

See the pics now...very nice. Love that shade of blue.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Great looking truck. Congrats!! You will likely see better than 20 on the highway after it breaks in. A buddy of mine says he is seeing closer to 25 when driven nicely at highway speeds.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
nice looking truck

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Holy crap thats alot of chrome to keep clean, glad it's you not me but it's a nice looking truck.

·
Super Moderator
1,604 Posts
Very nice. Looks like same colour I had on an 08 work truck. If so; metal flake shows up really well. Congrats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking truck!!
Need some beefy meats on that beast!
Thanks for all the kind responses. They're much appreciated.

Yeah, that would be the last piece of the puzzle, and I'd have had it done my now in the past, but I'm getting old lol. That can wait until the stock Michelin LTX AT2s wear out. They're pretty highly rated tires and I just don't take my trucks off road as much as I used to. This truck will see 90% of it's kms towing a 5th or a boat on the highway.

I had a guy call me a "crow" once - I'm attracted to anything shiny lol. I love the chrome and it's actually not too bad to keep clean, it's all stainless steel.

Waxy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wax on wax off! Pretty t-ruck!
TOC,

I see you're in Worsley.

I was the geologist in Calgary behind all the wells that Compton Petroleum drilled up there 5 or 6 years ago.

Beautiful country up there, I always tried to take as many "field days" as I could lol.

Waxy

·
Registered
633 Posts
SWEET!!! but thats alot of truck to clean! My brother-in-law has a 250 and my 150 looks like a baby beside it! :icon_eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
all you need now is a uria delete along with the dpf and tune and your fuel milage will pretty much double not to mention way more power... a buddy of mine is a tech at ford and they have been changing motors like crazy all thanks to all that emissions BS...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
all you need now is a uria delete along with the dpf and tune and your fuel milage will pretty much double not to mention way more power... a buddy of mine is a tech at ford and they have been changing motors like crazy all thanks to all that emissions BS...
Not to mention the emissions will sky rocket with all the black smoke that the truck is gunna be pumping out.

I've seen a truck with those mods and yes a lot more power, but the black smoke is worse then a big rig from back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Not to mention the emissions will sky rocket with all the black smoke that the truck is gunna be pumping out.

I've seen a truck with those mods and yes a lot more power, but the black smoke is worse then a big rig from back in the day.

i don't know how it is in the east.
but out here in the west. if you have a diesel and it ain't shooting out black fumes in other cars or on people walking on the sidewalk you just ain't cool

·
Registered
5 Posts

id rather barf black smoke then have to worry about my engine melting down when it goes into regen... egt temps are up around 2500F...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice truck. I was pulling a 8000 lb 5th wheel with my F150. Pretty much babied it along and kept to a 3 hour radius from the city. Switched up to the F350 after seeing a cracked rear yoke on the drive shaft. Must have been just too much for the drivetrain. WOW, you aint kidding, the new diesel is a monster puller and all of sudden pulling the trailer is a breeze. I seriously love the active engine braking in tow haul mode.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts