Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! Well I'm looking for a good 2 way scanner that gives me the option to set my own frequencies a mobile not handheld that you hard wire to the battery. I'm not too smart when it comes to understanding all the options like conventional vs trunked radio, APCO project 25, UHF and VHF....and it goes on..so I'll just explain what I need it for.

I want to be able to hear cb radio's somwere in the 20MHZ frequencies I think.

I also want to be able to programe it my self to special 2 way radio frequencies seems like most loggin roads are ditching the old CB and you have to go rent mobile 2 way's and get the frequencies you need programmed to it.
I would get somthing like that but I need to figure out what limits are set to a user for programming himself.

I don't want to buy one and it's only good for some roads. So if anyone can make sense of this could you help...thanks

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the big rig guys&gals are the ones that shake thier mics a us or get all huff and puff when were on their roads without a radio....

We had radio issues with our rental but could still here the truckers and were they ever cursing us on the radio it was funny, two seconds later it's fixed ya we have a radio......trucker: 10-4 sorry about that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.