Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got goofing around on the Ford Racing Performance Parts site, noticed a couple of new additions.

First up....duals for the 5.0L F150....145" WB. (Supercrew, 5.5 ft box) Suggested retail $1200

Sales blurb says T-304 stainless steel, dual rear exit with chrome plated "Ford Racing" embossed 4 inch exhaust tips.

Two different versions for the Raptor have me a little intrigued, same specs as the 5.0L, T-304 w/ 4" dumps. $1500 retail.

From what they've posted, sounds like I'd need an additional mid pipe with the one kit.

No big secret I'm a big fan of Ford Racing stuff, I know some guys like Magnaflow or Flowmaster, but I'm pretty happy with anything FRPP has.

Anything I ever bought from FRPP for my Mustang (or the Raptor) was 100% satisfying as far as money spent goes.

Got this on the "maybe" list for spring, but need to do a little investigation first.

Just for interest, the 2013 Raptor wheels are available now as well.

Not a bad looking wheel, but $700 each and then $135 each for the beadlockers plus tax??? Um, nope, happy with the black ones I got thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Just get the stuff you know you want it

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, ha ha , you called it, it's pretty much just a matter of deciding which one to get.

They're both priced the same, but I wonder if there's much difference (sound-wise) between the two individual units (Touring) and the single large unit. (Sport)

Reminds me of the X-pipe vs H-pipe debate I had with my Mustang - essentially did the same job, but with slightly different results.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
The shorter the muffler the louder it is

Two of the kits look like they have a resonator on it, I wonder how it would sound if the that was replaced with a straight pipe

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totally forgot, but Borla makes the exhaust components for FRPP....the FRPP mufflers I bought for my Mustang were essentially Borla Stingers.

Did some youtube searching for Borla, but also caught a clip of a Raptor with MBRP exhaust that sounded pretty sweet.

Likely stay with Ford Racing though, (even if it is Borla)... bought some other brand stuff for my Mustang and regretted it.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Likely stay with Ford Racing though, (even if it is Borla)... bought some other brand stuff for my Mustang and regretted it.

Even if its Borla WTF? ............... some one dont like Borla?

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I loved the Borla sound, that's why I said I'd stay with Ford Racing.

Some of the purist's bitch and moan because it's Borla re-branded as FRPP.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I started thinking as I was reading through that those look an awful lot like Borla. I was gunna open another page and cross reference the pictures, but kept reading and saw you confirmed my thoughts. Borla stuff is pretty pricey too.

I love their dual same side dump. Originally lightning style.

And I agree with Dave.

Mike when you booking it in to get done?

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,235 Posts
I should not have opened this thread :icon_lol:

I will most likely just replace the Muffler again, on the 2012, like I did on the 2010. It got me the better sound I wanted for not to much cash

Those kits do look very nice though

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Some Borla systems for comparsion..

F-150 2011-2013 Cat-Back™ Exhaust Touring part # 140415
- 2011-2013 F-150 5.0L AT/MT Trans 2+4WD 4 Door Extended Cab-Standard Bed (78.8")/Crew Cab-Short Bed(67.0")

F-150 SVT Raptor/ F-150 Harley Davidson 2010-2013 Cat-Back™ Exhaust Touring part # 140404
- 2010-2013 F-150 SVT Raptor V8 2&4WD Auto Trans Extended Cab (2-Door) w/Standard Bed/ Crew Cab(4-Door) w/Short Bed (67.0")

- 2012 Harley Davidson 6.2L V8 2&4WD Auto/Manual Trans Extended Cab (2-Door) w/Standard Bed/ Crew Cab(4-Door) w/Short Bed (67.0")

F-150 SVT Raptor/ F-150 Harley Davidson 2010-2013 Cat-Back™ Exhaust S-Type part # 140383

- 2010-2013 F-150 SVT Raptor/ 2011-2012 Harley Davidson 6.2L V8 2&4WD Auto/Manual Trans Extended Cab/Crew Cab-Short Bed (67.0")

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good eye Travis, from the info on the Borla site, Borla and FRPP price out about the same.

If I decide to pull the trigger, it won't be until March/April.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
early spring isnt it?
lol

maybe waxing at end of feb?
lol

exhaust for march?
order now should be here and ready for early spring cleaning! :)

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
If your wondering on quality on the MBRP stuff im running it on the diesel and its good stuff. Dont know about there stuff for gassers though.

Either way go stainless if you plan on keeping the truck forawhile worth the extra $$

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I think borla and frpp only offer stainless.

I think MBRP offers an installer level which is aluminized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I loved the Borla sound, that's why I said I'd stay with Ford Racing.

Some of the purist's bitch and moan because it's Borla re-branded as FRPP.
I have Borla catback on my Mustang with a Basanni O/R Xpipe. Screams like NASCAR when you hit the happy pedal. I put long tube headers on the car when we added the Kenne Bell SC so consequently I had to remove the Basanni and replace it with the midpipe supplied with the long tubes. I am going to get the Basanni back on again as I just like that ripper sound.

Everyone in their dog used to have Magna Flow or Flow Masters. Borla provided a high quality product alternative to these other popular brands.

You might be able to tell I am a Borla fan as well ;)

·
Registered
633 Posts
That's what I want is the dual out the side, to many trucks with the duals out the back now !!

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I do go with this, good chance I'd sell off my OEM cat back parts cheap.

Not sure how much difference it would make putting Raptor exhaust on an F150 ?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Sell Kieth the muffler back cut the muffler off add in a straight pipe and boom you have some loud exhaust

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
If I do go with this, good chance I'd sell off my OEM cat back parts cheap.

Not sure how much difference it would make putting Raptor exhaust on an F150 ?
Sell Kieth the muffler back cut the muffler off add in a straight pipe and boom you have some loud exhaust
box size different.

Axle back should be fine. but muffler position to axle won't fit. need extensions.

If you took it to a muffler shop they shouldn't have a problem fitting it.

If i was getting it done I'd swap out the muffler, but leave the front factory resonator in place. It will help with drone.
I'm contemplating adding mine back in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts