Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fella's, if you didnt know, im new here. i have a 07 4door F150 FX4 flare side. came with the 20 in rim and pirelli scorpion tires. what i wanna do but aint sure on the facts and how to go about doing it is to get a 6 in lift or something like that and some mean big tires. also i herd that if you get tires that are wide you need a fender flare or the cops will pull you over... should i keep the factory 20's adn get a bigger tire or get 17's or 18's and a tire with more rubber for offroading and the roads here in sudbury and garson arnt exactly.. user friendly lol. any tips will be greatly appreciated. thanks again.

P.S. ill be reading as many of your own posts as i can to get new ideas.

· Registered
4,153 Posts
Good news, we have an Affiliate who specializes in 6 inch lifts with complete packages. Blackstock is his name on the board.

Bad news, fender flares for the flare side aren't available(at least last time I researched) for the rear.

Welcome to fordtough.ca!

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man.

yeah thats pretty shitty no fender flares for flare side. wonder if it will be ok with the po po's if i get bigger tires lol. and thanks for letting me know about the "Lift Guy" lol jk. really thanks though.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm sounds like i have some research to do lol. what kinda tires should i look into for street/offroad/snow lol and im wondering what these leveling kits are that i keep seeing. if i get a lift and bigger tires should i also get one?

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH yeah almost forgot to ask. do you guys have any sort of... like get togethers like a truck show almost where we meet up in one place for a day or maybe a weekend thing? would be cool cus if you buy a part from out of town and someone from that town is coming then they could posibly bring it for you. i know for a fact that i have...ALOT to lern lol and a gathering would be a really sweet experiance i think. and if yall dont then maybe we could organize one?

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and for whom ever wishes to know lol. i want to get all these upgrades like yesterday lol but monthly payment on truck and other stuff dont leave too much for me to spend on truck lol. $1130 for truck payment. $480 for insurance about $400 for gas. 500 rent 100 storage 400 loan payment lol and im 21. in over my head? i think not lol..... i hope...still really want to get upgrades though lol.

· Registered
4,153 Posts
is it cause the front sits lower then the back so you get teh leveler lift to make the front and back hights even?
That is correct.

and for whom ever wishes to know lol. i want to get all these upgrades like yesterday lol but monthly payment on truck and other stuff dont leave too much for me to spend on truck lol. $1130 for truck payment. $480 for insurance about $400 for gas. 500 rent 100 storage 400 loan payment lol and im 21. in over my head? i think not lol..... i hope...still really want to get upgrades though lol.
I would start with the level lift, it is a fairly cheap mod(make sure you repoint the headlights). As for the tires, I would wait til the current tires are worn out and go with the current size(no second set of rims cuts down on the expense).

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats a F'n genius idea. thanks alot man. you know of any good places to purchase the level lift? and should i get dealership to install for warranty purposes? and what about the tire brands and models. any suggestion? really appreciate it. im gonna be thinkin about this all day tomorrow. i work 18 days and then get 6 off and my bday is feb 3rd. i gaurentee that im gonna lose my mind over wanting to get all this stuff asap lol.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i feel like a kid again lol trying to learn everything about this. too bad i dropped outta highschool though...keep the tips and great ideas comin im really lookin foreward to readin them. and i Hate reading lol. this is my newest and most favorite hobby. lol my only hobby... :(

· Premium Member
4,282 Posts
someone's got bit by the mod bug.:icon_smile: that's great,if i didn't work on my truck, i'de have to spend time with the wife. haha. i got my 2" leveling kit from ebay for around 104.00 and that includes shipping. too damn cold to install it, and i'm gonna do it myself.:icon_twisted: then come the 35's.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks man ill check ebay fo sho lol. yeah the bug got me really good lol. so far the upgrades i did was a 3" magnaflow exaust cus the dealer had it in stick lol with a 4" outlet but i looked at it adn i think the tip was just overlaped for looks. the 3" runs to the outer rim of the 4. and a superchips flashpaq programmer. got it from teh dealer too cost about 640. i still need to download the update. where i can record my quarter mile time and my 0-60 times lol.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome to the site Renault! Nice to see someone a little closer to my end of the map. My trucks in Val Caron at the moment but I'm having it brought to my house today so I don't have to go to Suds to get it when I get home. I've got 35" MTZ's on the way and I'm not putting any fender flairs for now anyways...cops are a little less of hardasses around Elliot but you might have fun in sudbury.

P.S. put your marker on Googlmaps so I'm not all alone up here....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.