Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We saw these at SEMA. EZ Down is a well designed quality strut the allows you to drop your tailgate and let it gently and slowly drop. Very easy to install and only $79. www.ezdown.com

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
I would be interested in those but there not available for a flair side box :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
That is one badly needed product, just wish it fit mine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
if i had that i wouldnt have to small dents in my tailgate from when i dropped the tailgate forgetting i had straps with metal adjusters on the tailgate :icon_twisted:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I like it..looks like I just got my Dad's Xmas present. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well after Xmas I'll be able to give you all a review on this product. I ordered one for my dad's truck which I'll be picking up next week on my way through Orangeville, and if he doesn't like I'll put it on my truck :icon_lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can sum up the install... I did it myself in the showroom. Whats the tool shaped like a hockey stick called again?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great idea for a product!!

I'll bet that in a few years or so, those will come standard on trucks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Let me know if they offer much assistance in lifting the tailgate. I have read some saying it does and others saying it doesn't. Another system that helps both ways is the "Hoppy Easylift" which is a torsion bar that hooks to your tailgate much like the one available on the new Super Duty. But I must admit the Dee Zee unit looks alot nicer.

http://www.truckoutfittersplus.com/store/hoppy_easylift.htm

·
Registered
257 Posts
How about this cool toy

And it's remote controlled,But you have to Build it.
Real leaf springs and differentials and so on and so on.
It moves to scale.It's about 450.00 + 2 channel radio.
You can get a full light kit that dose 10 functions.
It's called the Tamiya High Lift F350...SWEEEEEEEET

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
re; EZ Down, as far as I can tell there is no assistance in raising the tailgate, it was basically designed to reduce the weight of the tailgate when lowering.

As for the R/C truck, awesome, Tamiya makes some great trucks, I used to have the "Wild Willy" jeep, great fun. I just might have to check out this one.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well the install took 20 min, once I got the rusty taligate bolt out of my dads truck. Install went smooth and it works great. I agree it doesnt assist with raising the tailgate just lowering.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts