Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 5 of 12 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at my local Nitto dealer this afternoon to check out what size tire will fit on my newly lowered 4x4. He came up with 2 sizes, 325/60r/18 or 325/50/20 and even gave me the installed prices but when he checked for availability, his screen showed 'discontinued'... as did all 325 sizes!
Anyone heard anything, maybe not available in Canada? or the chain (KAL Tire) isn't carrying 325's for some reason?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My measurements are a 3 1/4" rear drop and 1" front drop... how does my current height compare with a 2wd...I think I am still around 2 1/2" higher than stock 2wd or the same height as a 2 1/2" lift on a 2wd...please correct me if I'm wrong.
How common is this mod, is there anyone else in fordtough who has dropped a 4x4?
Wide Grapplers would sure look tough but I have always sided on nice wheels with low profile tires... what is on your truck 08limited... 22"?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My initial thought was to put something on my Lariat rims now with an aggressive tread (Grapplers?) then look at a 'show' set this summer... but first I was trying to determine the size...
I went on the Blackstock Ford site for the first time last night... one of their 'kits' drops the rear end... how much?
My last dealer modified vehicle was a Lincoln Mk8... supercharged, etc... the sexiest car I've owned but the most dangerous! No suspension upgrade were included!!... excellent example how suspension should match HP

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
... but no slight intended to Blackstock at all... they sure look like top quality kits

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't checked out rims seriously yet although I wanted to check out the Ford selection in 20"... how much room is left for rubber I wonder? Something in the area of a 285/50/20 or 285/60/20 on those FX2's?
The Limited rims really compliment your truck 08limited... they go well together.

1 - 5 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.