Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil sand pics of what i have on my photobucket account... more on camera just cant get them to the computer (shared ones)

· Registered
76 Posts
p.s. interesting fact about the oil sands. It typically takes 2 tons of sand to turn into one 42 gallon barrel of crude oil. :icon_eek:

i'm such a geek when it comes to oil and refining. LOL :icon_razz:

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL yeah sorry it should read construction pics haha but there are pics of the brand new shovel

what are you doing at suncor ? im in there time to time filling in running machines.... heading to Cat Finning tomarrow putting something together (equipment) going to try and get some more pics.... alot of places are camera sensitive around here sucks

some of the sand you take a handfull and the oil runs out

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah im not a fan of the strip minning but its paying the bills right now... its a shame they mine it here and send it to the states to be refined... its canada's oil we should be the ones to refine it... then again this is knowen as northern Texas haha almost all yanky $$ up here (and Dutch)

· Registered
80 Posts
oh man what every camp worker in mcmurray would give to be at Albian!! They have EVERYTHING! i hear its the most modern working camp in the world! Ive never worked there but i hear great things. Anything would have been better than the Millenium camp at Suncor, what a bunch of old shitty trailers. oh well i liked it, youre absolutely free to do anything there, you could go anywhere with a beer!

· Registered
76 Posts
LOL yeah sorry it should read construction pics haha but there are pics of the brand new shovel

what are you doing at suncor ? im in there time to time filling in running machines.... heading to Cat Finning tomarrow putting something together (equipment) going to try and get some more pics.... alot of places are camera sensitive around here sucks

some of the sand you take a handfull and the oil runs out

I'll be heading up to perform some troubleshooting of a few of their distillation columns in the upgrader unit.

p.s. suncor is planning a 400000 barrel a day refinery to be built near sarnia ontario to take the heavy crudes from the sands and refine them into usable products. LOL, of course all that refined oil will still end up in the states. :icon_rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.