1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I have no prob with the over 50 law, since my truck would be hard pressed to even make 50 over :icon_lol:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would agree on that, most of the highways are good, but the 401 definatly has its moments, and I don't have a problem with the over 50 law....yet.

But my friend almost got nailed for over 50. He was going 115 in a 60....but his mustang is in his moms name (cheaper insurance), so the cop reduced it to 49over so his mom wouldn't loose her car...

·
Registered
159 Posts
The Ontario highway speeds are a joke.......come on, 100km hour? no one does the speed limit. Average speeds on the highways I travel is 120km Even if you did the speed limit in the far right lane, people are still honking and flashing their lights.

As for the over 50 law, well, let's just say if this law was in effect 15years ago, I would have lost my stang many times over......lol.....now that I have all that "speed" out of my system, I think it's a great law.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i read somewhere that a 80 year old man was doing like 100 mph going through traffic he got his car impounded he was going to a doctors appointment , funny thing the cop drove him to it after his car was towed

anyone else read this ?????????????

·
Registered
186 Posts
Or how about the kid on a ATV doing donuts on a snow covered street (think it was probably in front of his house), nabbed under the new "racing law" fined and lost his ATV for a month.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
traveling from London - Port huron - Pickering - London everyday I at least see one per day getting impounded

·
Registered
104 Posts
for us Left Coasters what is this law all about? over 50m they nab your car? For how long? how bis the fine? sounds like a big case of the fun police having nothing better to do then thin of ways to generate revenue.

First off I think we can all agree that pricks weaving in and out of traffic should be stopped cause it is unsafe . Leave speeders alone we are in a hurry. IMHO the flow of traffic is way higher then it has been in years I drive it everyday 300-600kms I have yet to see an issue with just going with the flow even if it is always 50+kms over the limit

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
The problem people think it is okay to be 50 over, so they inacted a new law.

2 week license suspension on the spot
2 week vehicle impound on the spot
$2000 minimum fine
and impound fees

I agree with the law, I just don't agree with the name the media dubbed it.
Not that it is in effect they are finding out, it's not just kids!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I feel the fines and punishment for 50 over are pretty harsh. I'm also in agreement with others that the 400 highways top speed should be increased to at least 120KPH. PLus i also would have lost my stang many times over if this law was around years ago.

G

·
The limits around the GTA are just fine...too many drivers around here couldn't handle more than 100kph. Between putting on make-up, reading the paper, checking your texts, having a smoke, drinking a coffee, shaving, you can only go so fast!
There's a whole lot of 'driving infractions' going on, on city streets (use your ****ing turn signal, you lazy prick!) that should be looked at before nailing drivers who can safely cruise above the posted speed.
My truck is happy at 130k.

·
Registered
104 Posts
wow I am glad there is no such law here yet. I would be storing my cars at the impound lot. I guess there must be an uproar of drivers that don't want to take this. I agree with a lot of the speeding laws but hey if it is safe and no one is getting hurt then all's well.

Here there is a large underground drag racing scene we block ff a stretch of road there is ocean on both sides and no risk of anything jumping out. Cops have been known to come out and watch us race but as soon as the news labels a "street Racer" for killing someone darting in traffic they break down on us.(The good guys ) It is a huge pain we go out of our way to keep it as safe as possible. They don't see that they figure we have the fast cars so we must be the losers ripping in up on main road with no respect to others or public safety
Two summers ago I was racing at 4am on a blocked off strip this Police helicopter and a bunch of cop car show up with the news crews reporters everywhere. A total publicity act. I had just finished and the next two people we racing they got busted and the cars taken away for a month they lost there DL's for 2 yrs. the same cops that were know to hang out were there busting us all. To Note I been doing this from 16 yrs old till 37 now and I have yet to see anyone get hurt. It is known that drinking isn't allowed or tolerated(who wants to be beside a drunk and risk it?)
This is just to show how they like press and don't go after the right group. computers are not the issue. It is the coffee drinkers reading the paper and painting their nails or shaving being distracted drivers. or the idiots that think it is cool to cut through traffic that's is the real problem drivers .

It seems today they are a business like any others they are profit motivated not the safety conscious people they claim to be.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
For me its the Knobs that yak on cell phones..Some lady almost hit me head-on yesterday cuz she couldn't wait 10 sec to get into the left turn lane so she goes into my lane (opposing left lane) and heads right at me.. No attempt to swerve or stop..if I hadn't jumped on the brakes she'd still be picking my grill out of her teeth. I give her the horn and the finger and she just ignores me as she goes by yaking on her cell. THOSE are the people they should go after.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts