Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In October last year, I renewed my Passport as it was due to expire in January so sent completed the online form, had some new photos done, and sent it off. My New Passport back three days later.

December last year just one week into a planned two-month stay in Spain I got robbed. Cash, Cards, Driving Licence, and Passport....all gone. Been an absolute nightmare sorting all the mess out.

Two weeks ago I sent off for a new Passport and as it was five months since I applied for the one I had stolen, decided I'd best play safe and get another set of photo's taken (hairs a bit thicker!).

Today I had a letter back from the Passport Office saying my application has been rejected as "the photos are not recent and need to be taken within the last month".
:confused:

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or take that as a compliment! Were they saying that I look younger than my previous Passport photos or what?
And how on earth can they possibly know exactly when a photo has been taken anyway?

So I've just spoken with someone at the Passport Office who indeed confirmed: "we need a more recent photograph". I told him my appearance has not changed dramatically in fourteen days so cannot supply anything more 'recent'! I also asked him how would they be able to tell what's recent and what isn't....and he said we can't know that.

I then asked if they still had a copy of the photograph I supplied for my application in October (as I still have three of that left). He told me they had so I asked him to look carefully at both photographs and tell me if he could see any difference. He said I appear to have a bit more hair. 10 out of 10 for that amazing bit of detective work! I said that's because I haven't had my hair cut.....it doesn't grow so fast any longer since I'm an old fart!
:D

He agreed it is very similar to my October photo and will get a Supervisor to contact me.

Has anyone else had a weird or wacky experience with the Passport Office?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In October last year, I renewed my Passport as it was due to expire in January so sent completed the online form, had some new photos done, and sent it off. My New Passport back three days later.

December last year just one week into a planned two-month stay in Spain I got robbed. Cash, Cards, Driving Licence, and Passport....all gone. Been an absolute nightmare sorting all the mess out.

Two weeks ago I sent off for a new Passport and as it was five months since I applied for the one I had stolen, decided I'd best play safe and get another set of photo's taken (hairs a bit thicker!).

Today I had a letter back from the Passport Office saying my application has been rejected as "the photos are not recent and need PerfectPassportPhotos to be taken within the last month".

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or take that as a compliment! Were they saying that I look younger than my previous Passport photos or what?
And how on earth can they possibly know exactly when a photo has been taken anyway?

So I've just spoken with someone at the Passport Office who indeed confirmed: "we need a more recent photograph". I told him my appearance has not changed dramatically in fourteen days so cannot supply anything more 'recent'! I also asked him how would they be able to tell what's recent and what isn't....and he said we can't know that.

I then asked if they still had a copy of the photograph I supplied for my application in October (as I still have three of that left). He told me they had so I asked him to look carefully at both photographs and tell me if he could see any difference. He said I appear to have a bit more hair. 10 out of 10 for that amazing bit of detective work! I said that's because I haven't had my hair cut.....it doesn't grow so fast any longer since I'm an old fart!
:D

He agreed it is very similar to my October photo and will get a Supervisor to contact me.

Has anyone else had a weird or wacky experience with the Passport Office?
thanks in advance for any feedback

1 - 2 of 2 Posts