Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

pics of my build from factory to now :)

12K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  Lilbigtrk 
#1 ·
Heres some pics of my 2004 F-350 lariat long box,
When I ordered truck i ordered it with stainless rocker panels, under coating, wooden box liner, window drip rails , hood Vailance,as well had them put in the High idle set up lol.
I told them to take of the steering stablizer off i didn't want that. Also ordered it with the life time no rust guarntee thingy hahaha. My truck body and frame is electricly charged suppose to work i can sorta see it in Theory But most importantly i ordered it with the Donohoe racing 6" lift it came with 37" pro-comp tires,6 bilestien shocks. So literally I spent 10G on top of price for Mods before i even seen the truck hahahaa.
So i drove it and got the stares looked wicked, no problems with it i was Happy. till i started seeing Dodges, and Chevs that were lifted taller. lmao
I wasn't going to let that happen,So i talked to a RCMP friend and asked about the laws on lifted trucks etc.then i started searching the net and started planning my next lift which was to go Big lol So heres some pics oftruck total lift 28" I used 8" deaver springs, Dr crossover steering, track bar, steerin pitman arm, dual shock front mounts,and high steer knuckle. 8 donohoe signature series res shocks 20x12 weld cheyennes, 49" Iroks, 3.5" steel wheel spacers, clocking ring for Transfer case. price tag 15G if not more I had to build my own
shackles front and back, and get driveshafts lengthened re design tranny bar as drive shaft from stock goes above, and had to make new steady bearing mount. here yea go

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So i drove this for around 2 years like that went through 2 sets of 49" iroks, screwed the 1st set with those balancing beads.The beads took out the rubber balancing bladder Interco puts in cause theres a lot of rubber there. I finally found a balancing machine that could do them.I re balanced every 5000 km.
I had full factory Warranty on this truck at that height, People couldn't believe it hahahaha. anyways the truck drove wicked a little gutless out of hole but could cruise 110 on highway no problem and straight.As for parking lol i needed room. So with 37,000 km on truck i noticed some Vibrations in the front end i thought WTF so in she went to dealer my hole front end was shot, Who would think that being i had approx 250 pounds of rim,spacers, and tire.hahahaaha on each corner kinda stressed You think :) So they replaced hubs an all.I thought this is not good i need to figure out how to make my truck bullit proof so only way i could do this an run a big tire was to go to dueces of course braking as well was a issue so it was a plus plus, So the planning started I needed rockwells ,a bud of mine in Arizona (Schmaug ) He was like the first to do a rock swap on his duty. So he was a ton of help if i had any questions So i got a hold of some rockwell suppliers and finally got me some front steer axles with 18" disks home of course with Overversion hubs etc.

more to come :)

#4 ·
Thanks bud
So heres how i did it on my drive way you can sure find out who's your real friends when you need help lol thanks to my neibiours on some extra arms when i needed it

lol had to jack and plank

once i got it to the height i needed that was very important i left her be like this for a few hrs man she was up there

#15 ·
So once i started to take out axle i needed to get going on her took about 20 hrs to do

This is where i had do some serious measurements to do.Man was it hard
moving 800 pound axles myself

Once axle was in place i had to make spring perches

Then welded them on and mount axle

Once on re -measure All good then take apart prep and paint

Then re-mount

#21 · (Edited)
Now with rear lift the hardest part i thought. As i went with full hydraulic rear steering, I had a problem Had to move my springs under frame to be able to get full stroke (Turn ) so here is what i made and did

And it worked

But heres some other pics of rear lift and parts made

Rear perches will be boxed when ladder bars go on

Had to take all factory brackets of rear frame,

#22 ·
so i dont believe you answered the question of the century....how the F#$% do you get in it? lol get it towed to teh lake so you can swim into it then start it up and drive out? drive around and then back to the water when its time to go home again? tow truck on speed dial? lol

#23 ·
AAAHHHRRRRGGGGGG!!!! lol you make me wanna go big or go home. i would hate to be out done by a dodge or a chev lol...or heaven forbid........a toyota or nissan..... lol dont think ill ever have anything that crazy though lol. goergous truck my man. ill have to see it in person one day!

#24 ·
Thanks To get in haa ha plans are to run saddle tanks then steps under that.. At present door sill plates are 6 feet off the ground heres what truck will look like when shes done

adding fifth and 6 th doors off my 750 body i picked up the front clip f-750 will be added onto my 350

#25 ·
So when your the only one around and pull up to a light, how will the light know your thier since your so high up? If my friend had a problem with this in his Toyota which was only like 3 feet off of the ground, I have no idea how you are going to do that.

Amazing truck though. Very cool what a person can do with time, money and skills!

#26 ·
well heres some pics of rear lift, Had to drop fuel tank once brackets were off frame came some measuring again, as u go higher you need to add wheelbase so once i figured where i wanted to be I started Gained about 1.5 feet

For my rear shacklemount i used a ford part just had to drill hole in frame

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2656/rearspringmounting033pn6.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1105/rearspringmounting028dh6.jpg

So still need to make rear trackbar as well backend is down by 3" want a little rake heres truck beside buddys 16" lift i got like 4pounds air lol.

#34 ·
All I'll be adding is the extended cab doors off the 750 body , then cut 350 back wall adding the extended doors going to get rid off the long box and put in short box, should line up perfect. I hope but this is all going to take a while funds have dimenished lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.