Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

If you wanna disable your Daytime Running Lights heres a quick, but annoying way to do it. Not messing with fuses or wires, all you need is a pair of pliers.

If you look on the Emerg. Brake pedal there should be a small rubber stopper that presses against the E-brake sensor which controls whether the E-brake trouble light is on/off on your dash. Just take off this rubber stopper and thats it. Apparently if the E-brake light is on it disables the DRLs.

I found this out because the little rubber stopper fell off my E-brake pedal and it wont go back on. I had the e-brake checked at Midas and it is NOT engaged, works fine, its just the light is on on the dash. Since this stopper fell out my DRLs are not working. I had the guy at Midas test it and he pressed a screewdriver against the sensor and the DRLs came on.

Kinda freaky but if you can live with your E-brake light on all the time its a quick cheap mod :icon_lol:

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool...but you have to actually have fog lights for that to work??

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
When my DRL module went the high beam indicator on the dash didn't work so I found the DRL module (resistor) behind the bumper on the left side (drivers side) and unplugged it instead of paying 140 + dollars for a new DRL module I got the DRL delete plug that was used for the American trucks I think it was 11 bucks @ the dealer and now the high beam indicator works no problem, and if I want DRL's I'LL turn on the headlights

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the brake light issue has been solved. Since I couldn't find where the stupid thing was supposed to go the guys at Hanford's just siliconed it in place for me today while they were changing the LF caliper. Got my DRLs back and the truck actually brakes in a straight line now :icon_lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.