Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this (if not please move) but I am looking to try and see if anyone knows where I can get blue flame paint in a spray bomb. The dealer says they can only get the touch up pen. That's not going to work for me though. I am looking to put fender flares on and want to paint them to match instead of leaving them black.

Thanks James

·
Registered
390 Posts
Are the flares flexible at all? The reason I ask you may need a flex agent put into the paint to keep it from cracking. It may be worth the few hundred to get them painted right by a shop. At least that way if the paint cracks or peels... they'll be responsible for it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will be bushwackers. I painted the ones on my B2 and beat the snot out of it and they have lasted all I did was paint them with krylon plastic paint first then after a couple coats of it I put a couple coats of regular tremclad on when I painted the body. Never had any issues.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Napa, or any parts stores that deals with paint can get you a can or 2. Its just a base coat and you will need a clear coat on top..

there is numerous websites you can buy paint and clear also. Use your paint code when ordering.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks I'll swing by napa tomorrow to see what they say

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
James be prepaired to pay a good $$ for the cans of paint, I had a can made for my truck ( sterling grey metalic ) and the can cost me $34

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Napa said $28+tax. They have to send it out to get made. So I figured at least 3 cans plus a couple cans of krylon for the first coat my time screwing around with it and waiting for the nice weather so I can leave them out to dry ... I might be better off seeing what maacco or someone would charge if its in the $200-$300 range it will be worth it

·
Registered
118 Posts
The price of paint has skyrocketed since the waterborne stuff has been brought on to the market most body shops are going to be about 5 bills you can try an auto body supply store but make sure you get non water Bourne cause its a bitch to work with need lots of air flow to make it dry and if you don't have enough the metallics will all settle and look goofy

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya I heard it was in the $500 range from a couple of guys I talked to aswell. When I get them in I'll have to see what the body shops say. I don't need them for a month or so anyways. Or ever depending on how dirty the new tires make the truck get since they stick out about 2.5" from the fender. I don't want to have to clean it every other day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts