Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Removing decals?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  fordtough.ca 
#1 ·
I really like the FX2 package that is available on the F150 but I'm not a big fan of factory applied decals, has anyone removed the FX2/FX4 decals from thier truck? If so was there any noticable paint fading?

TIA

#2 ·
08limited has done it with his FX4 and Blackstock does it all the time for their special editions, I couldn't imagine there been any issues if it is new. Used may be faded though.

#5 ·
iv done it.. first thing i did..

heat gun, and a wax after ur good too go.
exactly ^^^^^^ the way Metal has said heres the process step by step

Heat vinyl stickers with a hair dryer or heat gun. Do not overheat the paint, or it will be more likely to chip.
Peel the sticker slowly, pulling it off at a 90-degree angle while heating the next section.

Put a solution of 1 c. rubbing alcohol and 1 c. water in a spray bottle
Squirt the sticker with the solution and allow it to soak in for a few minutes.
Rub the sticker off with your fingers.
wash the areaa with mild soap
WAX

#4 ·
depends on what year your truck is as for amount of sunlight chances there will be some fade but crazy base coat clear coat , you will have to polish your panels tho
once you take off sticker te glue res will be there windex buddy will clean her up even use foam window cleaner, myself the best was using my fingers
heat up with blow dryer sticker area

tools you will need : Car Wax
Blow Dryers
Mild Soap
Rubbing Alcohol
Heat Guns
Plastic Putty Knives

#11 ·
I had my decals removed when I got my side windows tinted. ShadeAll in Grande Prarie does a fantatsic job, he peeled my 4x4 stickers, and the glue left over from my dealer decals that blew off in the car wash. He didn't even charge me extra. I had my truck for about 2 months when I got my decals peeled so I didn't notice any fade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.