Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with RoushCharger programming?... I recently had my ECM flashed by Roush to a milder less aggresive program, stating they had Issues in Canada with current programming causing engine problems and this is how they were protecting themselves till they get it figured out.... anyone else recieve this kind of update???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not sure what the deal is there with Roush but maybe you could try getting a dyno tune done with an SCT chip? I'm sure that will wake it up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats is a true fact. Case in point the factory Supercharger Option is not availalable in Canada for 08. Has something to do with our 10% ethanol blends.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A lot of cities and states in the US have 10% ethanol blends and I think all of California has 10% ethanol as well.

10% ethanol gas causes the engine to run about 3% leaner so they should be able to make their programming 3% richer to compensate.

To be honest though, 3% is not much of a difference and the truck's computer can easily compensate for that 3% anyway so there really should not be a problem using their programming. It sounds like they are making excuses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts