Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seafoam??

Hey,

Has anyone ever used this stuff? I've read lots about it but what I find confusing is they say you add it thru the vacuum lines or something?

Can you get it at Crappy tire or Wal-mart?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I've used it... worked good on the 93 ranger i had... i got it from a buddy who at the time could only get it if you were a shop/dealer now i dont know... i've seen it at a buddies shop (Hess Performance) but other then that havent seen it at crappy tire or walmart

you generally add half a can to brake booster vacumline and the other half to the gastank

the vehical needs to be HOT and once added you need to drive it hard...its been knowen on older vehicals to clog up a cat (why the car/truck needs to be hot) all the carban doesnt burn off causing the clogging..

do it @ night or on a backroad because (depends on different vehicals) it causes exsesive amount of smoke out the exhaust and when you need to drive it police dont like the smoke screen haha

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Probly a last resort for me, don't really like the way the engine sounds when putting it in. It's about 50/50 on good and bad reviews from what little searching around I did and that's not even close enough to convince me to put it in my truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts