Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '97 F150 XLT V6....heard talk of timing chain letting go after a while. Has anyone gone through or heard about this? I was told that a couple warning signs are ticking & poor milage. I've herd ticking so I'm getting concernd. I'd welcome any advice out there.

· Premium Member
7,683 Posts
I've got a '97 F150 XLT V6....heard talk of timing chain letting go after a while. Has anyone gone through or heard about this? I was told that a couple warning signs are ticking & poor milage. I've herd ticking so I'm getting concernd. I'd welcome any advice out there.
If its making noise I would change it
You are looking about $1000.00 to change them
F150Phule is our V6 expert he will fill you in at night

Welcome to FordTough.ca
Post some Pics and add your Marker to our FordTough googlemap
http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/vbgooglemapme.php

· Registered
2,303 Posts
I don't know where they are gettting this Guru stuff from...:icon_lol: Guess it cuz I've had some common issues with the V6s. I think they are thinking of when I had to have my timing cover gaskets changed. When they took off the cover to put new ones on they said my timing chain was in great shape. Not sure if its the original one cuz I'm not the first owner. I really don't know the symptoms of a timing chain failure but there are two other forums you can check with that are just for Ford v6s.

www.u6f150.com
www.v6power.net

There should be some real gurus on there that can answer you better than I can, but I agree with Matt, if its ticking and it wasnt before than I'd be concerned.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Welcome to fordtough.ca!

f150phule is our V6 guru
Forgot to say Welcome.

As for this guru stuff...You only say that cuz I'm one of the few v6 guys on here :icon_lol:

I guess that makes Matt our F150 Limited guru :icon_lol:

· Registered
1,824 Posts
sorry I can't help with your timming chain problem Wolfe.

But I'd like to welcome you to fordtough anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.