Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an issuse with my 2001 navigator, running rough, throwing codes for lean on both banks codes P0171,P0174.
replaced the standard stuff, fuel filter, plugs, cleaned MAF.
Turns out it was the elbow for the PCV hose at the top of the engine underneath the plastic cover. It had cracked and caused a vaccum leak - apparently a VERY common problem. The elbow is a non serviceable item from Ford, you will need to replace the entire PCV hose, OR, you can go to C/T and get a PCV elbow packaged as a chrysler item, that will replace just the elbow portion.
Hope this helps someone else, it's probably an item you should look at evertime you replace the air filter.

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
here is the difference between a new elbow and the old one and that should be the part # as well copy it down and give it to a parts guy at the dealer just in-case he's feeling lazy and says you cant get it separate or says it obsolete

· Registered
61 Posts
Don't worry about the "Service Engine Soon" until it becomes "Service Engine Now" lol.

Good tip, I'm really glad people post stuff like this up, the headache that comes from running down bs problems can get the best of people sometimes.

· Registered
239 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but it is a very valuable one!!

So I am subscribing.!! I just went through this. Replaced my IAC, still had issues with CEL and rough idle. Ended up finding the vacuum leak on the intake, but I replaced the entire vacuum hose. Nice to see I can just replace the elbow next time!! So I'll keep this thread handy for that part #. I even went to Ford, NAPA, even the Chrysler dealership trying to fing that elbow!!! Should have just made a trip into Lethbridge to the Canadian Tire I guess.

Thanks for posting the part #. BTW the entire hose assembly part is F85Z-6C324-AA .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.